Excavators and Jet Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excavators and Jet Boats

A friend sent me some footage of hauling an excavator.

Click this link to see the video. Glen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBeBtXMEjQ

www.wooldridgeboats.com

That is awesome! I thought the river running was going to be the most interesting part, but the time-lapse of the unloading was way better!
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

Pretty cool....I was wondering how they would get it out of the boat. Pretty slick.

Comment

Thought I saw Cookie breathe a sigh of relief when it got out of the boat.
        How many #s you reckon?
        Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
          Thought I saw Cookie breathe a sigh of relief when it got out of the boat.
          How many #s you reckon?
          Several point's, the Go pro footage was quite long ( It also makes the river look wider that it is), we shortened it up some and ran the loading and boating shots at 1.25 time and the unloading at x16 to get the video under 5 min. the weight of the excavator it's self was about 3500 lbs. Glen
          www.wooldridgeboats.com

Comment

Very cool. One point that struck my curiosity was around 2:25 when they are starting to unload. They lower the boom (is that even the correct term?) and it somehow raises the front and back of the machine almost in unison. How did they manage that? It almost looks like they backed up slightly up onto something in the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by colonel00 View Post
              Very cool. One point that struck my curiosity was around 2:25 when they are starting to unload. They lower the boom (is that even the correct term?) and it somehow raises the front and back of the machine almost in unison. How did they manage that? It almost looks like they backed up slightly up onto something in the boat?
              I wasn't there, but the excavator has a blade on the other end, looks like they lift the excavator with the blade and the boom put blocks under the excavator, lift up the blade and put blocks under blade untill it's untill it's high enough to get the 4x12 accross the gunnels. We love getting video's from customers. I thanked John and he sent me a note. "Glad you received it. That boat is amazing with what it can haul and still handle itself in shallow water."
              www.wooldridgeboats.com

Comment

Gotcha. I didn't catch the blade but watching the beginning and end again, it is definitely there and that makes perfect sense.

Comment

What river is that? It is in AK I take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daved View Post
                    What river is that? It is in AK I take it.
                    Yes it's in Alaska. It's one of the clear streams that flows in to the Tanana.
                    www.wooldridgeboats.com

Comment

Pretty cool, looks like the "Goodie", seems if that had gotten stuck they could always dredge their way out....!
                      “Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”
                      ― Eugene Ionesco
                      "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                        Pretty cool, looks like the "Goodie", seems if that had gotten stuck they could always dredge their way out....!
                        "Goodie"? My eyes must be getting bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
                          "Goodie"? My eyes must be getting bad.
                          Goodpaster....eh...the eyse are the first to go.........!
                          “Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”
                          ― Eugene Ionesco
                          "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                            Goodpaster....eh...the eyse are the first to go.........!
                            Doh!!:shot: I get it, now....

Wonder if Glen is going to give us some performance numbers for that "load test"?
                            " Load test with 4000 lbs.........."

Comment

I'd like to see a test with a 365!!!
                              sigpic
                              www.arcticangler.ca
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X