Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who went to the Bass Pro store? Who looked at the Thunderjets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who went to the Bass Pro store? Who looked at the Thunderjets?

I live in Juneau, but I saw that they opened yesterday. What models of Thunderjets did they have for sale? What did they have for power and what were the prices?

Sobie2

I went there today. They had a 23' Thunderjet Pilot. Believe it was powered with a 225 Mercury Optimax.

Comment

Think the price was around $78,000 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Any pot pullers? Bush order department?

Comment

I wish that Thunderjet made a bigger Pilothouse. They look pretty well built.
          27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
          Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
          Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Originally posted by GolfNut View Post
            Think the price was around $78,000 if I remember correctly.
            Holy cow that is a bunch. I remember when I looked at them seriously in 2005 they were "only" 35,000 or so. I need a new line of work.....my paycheck hasn't doubled since 2003......LOL.....One thing for sure, they are a really sharp looking boat and I salivate over them.

Comment

Originally posted by wcat1778 View Post
              Any pot pullers? Bush order department?
              Check out my Electra Dyne pot hauler. Here's what a customer from Juneau just emailed me.
              "So far everything works excellent with the hauler. I am not sure why I didn't get an ED in the first place. Blows away the competition". I ship gear all over the state.
              sigpic
              Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
              Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
              Ropes, Buoys, Bait
              alaskashrimppots.com
              akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
              907 775 1692

Comment

The big Tjet pilot was about $84k, which is a special, grand-opening price. Normal price is right at $100k. Not worth it, considering the barren interior. Seats and that's about it. No table, stove, sink, head....none of what you'd expect from a boat that size.

Other Thunder Jets that they had: Alexis, both inboard jet and outboard, Maxim inboard jet, and a few other Luxor and such with outboards. Prices seemed high to me, but without anything in town to compare them to, I really couldn't tell if they are actually high for Thunder Jets.

I want the Alexis Inboard, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                  I wish that Thunderjet made a bigger Pilothouse. They look pretty well built.
                  Rob they make them up to 30' according to the salesman @ BPS. He is supposed to get me some info on a 26' version.
                  2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                  Twin 175 Suzuki's
                  "Thunderbird"
                  MMSI #338033856

Comment

Rob - The TJ Pilot House O/S is made up to 25' & then they offer their very similar O/S model (not PH) from 24-32' with a few differences such as welded head enclosure, higher sides, wider bottom, cabin finishes, etc. Both versions appear to be sturdy & well built + delivery time is supposed to be 16 weeks on a new build.

Sobie2 I sent you a PM.
                    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                    Twin 175 Suzuki's
                    "Thunderbird"
                    MMSI #338033856

Comment

Hi
                      We are selling our 30x 10 foot TJ Thunder jet offshore 2012 to down size to a 22 or 24 foot offshore. We are leaning towards a 22 but want a cuddy ( v-berth ) that will fit two adults. One being tall. Seems the more we look it is very hard to find that in a 22 ft. Is there just way more options when u go up to a 24? Any thoughts on hewed crafts, seems it is the only one close to where we live in Yukon,Canada. Looking at all south Alaska. All input is awesome.Thanks

Comment

May want to check out Wooldridge Pilots. Highly customizable and solid.

Comment

I was under impressed with their drift boat offering. Sparse, no place to put anything. Very uncomfortable looking, small and expensive.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X