X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garyak
    replied
    Originally posted by 270ti View Post
    Furuno is a serious machine for finding fish. 1870 would be high on my list.
    A combo response instead of a bunch of posts. Unit arrived today. I sure hope It works out for me, 270ti. It seems to be more intuitively set up than my Lowrance that has 8 buttons...this unit has 4. I've spent hours sitting in a bay, manual in hand, trying to figure out the L. unit to no avail. I'm sure the equipment works fine, but I have trouble speaking "electronics" in general. For hoose35, I bet I talked to the same guy and I respect his opinion..but per his configuration advice, that unit would have been right at twice the money. MRFISH, I hope to get it installed over the week end and I will certainly report back. I know Potbuilder is a Furuno fan so if I can't figure it out, I'll tow the sucker out there and beg for a lesson..need to get some stuff from him anyway.

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    replied
    For any of you guys that need to talk to someone who lives and breathes marine electronics give Chris a call at http://www.precisionmarinecenter.com/
    they have been beating just about everyone's prices.

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by hoose35 View Post
    I was looking at furuno but was talked out of it by a very reputable marine electronics person. He said go garmin chirp
    did his name start with a G ?

Leave a comment:

• MRFISH
    replied
    Gary, I'm really looking forward to feedback on how yours works. I've got a crappy little Garmin and have been looking to upgrade (within reason), including an airmar transducer.

Leave a comment:

• 270ti
    replied
    Furuno is a serious machine for finding fish. 1870 would be high on my list.

Leave a comment:

• hoose35
    replied
    I was looking at furuno but was talked out of it by a very reputable marine electronics person. He said go garmin chirp

Leave a comment:

• Garyak
    replied
    No responses...so this may not be of interest to anyone..just a heads up for what its worth. I ordered the Furuno 1870F, 525stid transducer, (Airmar P-66 for Furuno) and Local C-Map 4D card online from the GPS Store. Furuno has a $150 rebate on this and some other units if purchased before the end of July...but they give you another month to get your rebate paperwork in. Also, and I didn't see this offered from other vendors I researched, the C-Map card comes pre-loaded with bathymetric charts if purchased before the end of the month. The GPS Store offers $9.95 2nd day air for orders under 25 lbs. including to AK. So after rebates, my delivered, plug and play price will be right at $869. I was also interested in the Garmin 741XS but it was several hundred more for a complete system. Been studying the owner's manual online and hope to speak at least passable Furuno by the time it gets here.

Leave a comment:

• Garyak
    started a topic Furuno Users

Furuno Users

Thinking seriously about springing for a Furuno 1870F. There's a rebate through the end of this month. I'm having trouble finding info on the Jeppesen C-Map cards, though. It looks like there is a full content and a local content card. I can get a full content delivered for approximately $300, or a local for about $190. Anyone know what is difference is between the 2 or if the full content justifies the extra $100:question: Two emails to Jeppesen haven't been answered for a week so I thought I'd ask here.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X