Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a jerk this trooper was!

http://www.adn.com/2014/07/03/354610...l?sp=/99/110//

This guy was a jerk. Must have been hard up to write ticket!

Yeah I saw that. Should have given a warning and went on his way.
    sigpic
    www.arcticangler.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Originally posted by kgpcr View Post
      http://www.adn.com/2014/07/03/354610...l?sp=/99/110//

This guy was a jerk. Must have been hard up to write ticket!
      Agreed.....the trooper needs to find more meaningful things to look into. Ohhhh, say.....maybe all the robberies or meth heads in the valley!
      BK
      BK Marine Services 232-6399
      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
        Yeah I saw that. Should have given a warning and went on his way.

Cant do that, especially on quota day. It's a money making machine...
        ~Alaska born and raised~ •'04 Duckworth, 5.7 w/ 3-stg. •High side Lowe, '13 Yami 25 prop+Merc 40/30 jet
        •Ranger 6x •CAT atv w/ 27" rubber •A very large moose buggy •M7 153" "Earned, NOT given"

Comment

I understand where the trooper was coming from: we can't have whole fleets of floating picnic tables out there circumventing the laws. If they didn't crack down on this one, we would see floating campgrounds on every body of water.

Comment

What a jerk this trooper was!

That's just cr@p!! That quote from the Coast Guard is just wrong. I was a CG Boarding Officer for years. There is such a thing/designation as a "water toy". Like surf boards...boogey boards...wind surfers, stand-up paddle boards etc, that aren't REQUIRED by the Coast Guard to have safety equipment and life jackets.

However, it is always smart to wear a PFD when on the water.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sayak again.
              I think we don't need a bunch of homeade rafts/boats out there circumventing the lifejacket laws either.
              How would we be responding differently if the head line read:
              " Two brothers drowned today when their homeade picnic table boat capsized. The brothers did not have lifejackets onboard the homebuilt craft and died ten feet from shore"?
              We would most likely be talking about how crazy they were for going out on such an unstable craft without life jackets and how unsafe that idea is.
              What if they had taken the picnic table on the river and flipped in some mild rapids? Who knows where their next adventure with such a craft would have taken them.
              Now they and many other boaters know that any craft homebuilt or not will require life jackets onboard.
              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by akspudus View Post
                That's just cr@p!! That quote from the Coast Guard is just wrong. I was a CG Boarding Officer for years. There is such a thing/designation as a "water toy". Like surf boards...boogey boards...wind surfers, stand-up paddle boards etc, that aren't REQUIRED by the Coast Guard to have safety equipment and life jackets.

However, it is always smart to wear a PFD when on the water.
                I'd have to disagree....in addition to the other infractions for which they were not cited, they crossed the "water toy" line when they hooked up a battery and trolling motor. All that said, I think a warning would have served all better. The violators didn't sound like unreasonable people and likely would have honored the trooper's direction. Sadly, I've witnessed "crime of the century" treatment for even lesser transgressions.

Comment

I was there they were in about 12 " of water max just to see if it would float. Boat owner was polite trooper was exercising his power I thought.
                  Should have had a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
                    I was there they were in about 12 " of water max just to see if it would float. Boat owner was polite trooper was exercising his power I thought.
                    Should have had a warning.
                    When the ticket was issued they were in 12" of water.
                    Did they have plans post float check to head out across the lake? Considering they had a trolling motor mounted one has to wonder.........

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                      I think we don't need a bunch of homeade rafts/boats out there circumventing the lifejacket laws either.
                      How would we be responding differently if the head line read:
                      We would most likely be talking about how crazy they were for going out on such an unstable craft without life jackets and how unsafe that idea is.
                      What if they had taken the picnic table on the river and flipped in some mild rapids? Who knows where their next adventure with such a craft would have taken them.
                      Now they and many other boaters know that any craft homebuilt or not will require life jackets onboard.
                      You cant deal with what if's. They were in knee deep water No rapids.

Comment

Aren't they going to have fun with the Red Green regatta or whatever they call it in Fairbanks! Beer, homemade boats, and a fully sponsored event.
                        "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
                        Merle Haggard

Comment

Originally posted by kgpcr View Post
                          You cant deal with what if's. They were in knee deep water No rapids.
                          With a trolling motor and battery mounted!
                          You cannot say whether or not they had intentions to motor further out into the lake any more than I can say they had intentions to hit the river next.
                          Had they not been sitting on the "boat"(?) I might think differently.
                          I have 2 boats and a canoe. All require lifejackets and every year it seems I am replacing one or two of them. I don't think it is fair to say that people testing boats should not be required to have a lifejacket on board for each person and those venturing out even just twenty more feet should be required to carry them.
                          like I said only the two men involved knew their true intentions as to whether or not their "boat"(?) would have been taken out to deeper water on that day after their floatation test.

Comment

BIG BROTHER!!! They get the $ any way they can!! And we wonder why the world is laughing at us??
                            Agan my personal thoughts.
                            Goo

Comment

I wasn't aware that the world is laughing at us.

Originally posted by goeaux View Post
                              BIG BROTHER!!! They get the $ any way they can!! And we wonder why the world is laughing at us??
                              Agan my personal thoughts.
                              Goo

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X