X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibutgrove
    replied
    Originally posted by jrogers View Post
    Just curious about what people think about the 211 vs. the 212. I use to have a 211, and it performed really well next to 212 boats. Not sure of the details on how similar they really are. I wish you could pay a one time fee and run a big jet boat on the Kenai. I think it would make less of a wake than many of the overloaded 50hp boats on there now.
    I say this somewhat in jest. Not that the Kenai needs any new issues.
    The 211 and 212 are very similar except for the impeller. The 211 is more susceptible to cavitation but you can modify a 212 impeller to work in the 211.

Leave a comment:

• alaskabliss
    replied
    I was looking at the regs last night and it was interesting. It states a 50 hp limit on OUTBOARD motors. Says nothing about inboards. I read it several times to be sure. Maybe there is an assumption that us inboard guys wouldn't run the river. I would love to run that river. That would be the prettiest river to run. As a kid i remebered all the bigger boats running it.

Leave a comment:

• jrogers
    replied
    Originally posted by Laker Taker View Post
    I think the 211 is heavier duty than the 212, what were you running your 211 in?
    It was in a 24' Duckworth with a Redline 460.

Leave a comment:

• Arcticwildman
    replied
    ...... I wish you could pay a one time fee and run a big jet boat on the Kenai. I think it would make less of a wake than many of the overloaded 50hp boats on there now.
    Actually that is a valid point. A boat up on step creates a lot less wake. I've seen some of those under powered, overloaded kenai guide boats making bigger waves than my 3288 did! I guess in the old days before there were 500+ boats on the river at the same time, jet boats worked great. It would probably be like a demolition derby now however with a bunch of guys whizzing up and down the river at 40 MPH.

Leave a comment:

• Arcticwildman
    replied
    Originally posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Arcticwildman, empty your box, it's full...

23' TJet, big block, half hard top and fish deck. $38,500. Don't know a whole lot about the boat. It's pretty though and Maroon.

I just cleaned it out.

Leave a comment:

• alaskabliss
    replied
    Arcticwildman, empty your box, it's full...

23' TJet, big block, half hard top and fish deck. $38,500. Don't know a whole lot about the boat. It's pretty though and Maroon.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Taker
    replied
    Just curious about what people think about the 211 vs. the 212. I use to have a 211, and it performed really well next to 212 boats. Not sure of the details on how similar they really are. I wish you could pay a one time fee and run a big jet boat on the Kenai. I think it would make less of a wake than many of the overloaded 50hp boats on there now.
    I think the 211 is heavier duty than the 212, what were you running your 211 in?

Leave a comment:

• jrogers
    replied
    . Don't get an inboard with anything but a 212, expecially after you've already owned one, you'll be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Branr1
    replied
    I've seen this boat posted on and off for almost a year now. I'd guess maybe the owner would move a little on the price. It should be a high quality boat. It's not a big block but its still looks really nice. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4476697776.html

I had a 20 foot Almar with a 351 and a 773 jet. Being my first river boat I thought it worked pretty well. I wouldn't be to worried about Ford Marine engines, I'd guess they are just as good as any GM product of the same vintage. I had a Duckworth with a Marine Power 901 jet and I'd never do that again. I've gone to outboard jets at this point which is working pretty well but I can see myself owning another inboard someday.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Taker
    replied
    The 22' hard top TJ was definitely underpowered with the small block and a heavy load. The Duckworth is a lot lighter boat and performs well with the Vortec 5.7 and the 212.

Leave a comment:

• Arcticwildman
    replied
    How do you like the Duck? There are a few I've been looking at but they all come with 351's. Never have owned a Ford marine engine so I'm a little leary of going with one. I really want a big block this time around so I can make a run up to the koyukuk for moose or haul building supplies for my cabin and handle a big load. That Alexis ran good but it wasn't really powered for the kind of load I want to run.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Taker
    replied
    Originally posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Sweet! That is my dream boat :-)

BTW...do you run a 22 ft 2005 Alexis Classic, blue with the full hardtop? If so, I'm the one who sold it to you. Wish I had kept that boat but my divorce forced me to sell it.
    That was my boat, bummer about the divorce. I put 400 hours on it and sold it last November. We loved that boat but I wanted to get out while the gettin was still good. Now we run a 21' Duckworth Advantage with a 5.7 and a 212. Don't get an inboard with anything but a 212, expecially after you've already owned one, you'll be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Arcticwildman
    replied
    Mr. Arcticwildman,
    Please see the attached link. This might be more your style.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4525027213.html

Sweet! That is my dream boat :-)

BTW...do you run a 22 ft 2005 Alexis Classic, blue with the full hardtop? If so, I'm the one who sold it to you. Wish I had kept that boat but my divorce forced me to sell it.

Leave a comment:

• .338WM
    replied
    Mr. Arcticwildman,

Tried to rep you Laker Taker, but the system won't let me! :topjob:

Leave a comment:

• Laker Taker
    replied
    Mr. Arcticwildman,

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X