How does a Hamilton 773 jet perform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a Hamilton 773 jet perform?

I'm looking at getting back into jet boating. I used to have a T-jet with a Hamilton 212 and I really liked the way it performed. Looking on Craigslist and Alaskaslist I see a few boats with 3 stage Hamilton 773's. How does that model jet run compared to a 212? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Originally posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    I'm looking at getting back into jet boating. I used to have a T-jet with a Hamilton 212 and I really liked the way it performed. Looking on Craigslist and Alaskaslist I see a few boats with 3 stage Hamilton 773's. How does that model jet run compared to a 212? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?
    Huge difference. The 212 will get bigger loads on step, burn les fuel, have better steering and reverse. With that said, the 773 will work just fine depending on what your doing with it and as long as you don't expect 212 performance.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Comment

Thanks! I will be hauling fairly large loads at times (lumber and other building supplies) up the Yentna so that is good to know. I'd prefer to stay with a 212 but most of the boats with them also come with a premium price. Not sure if I'm willing to pay that much.

Comment

You get what you pay for. Paying for what you want / need the first time is cheaper than doing it over when you are not happy with the 773. I found out the hard way.

Thanks! I will be hauling fairly large loads at times (lumber and other building supplies) up the Yentna so that is good to know. I'd prefer to stay with a 212 but most of the boats with them also come with a premium price. Not sure if I'm willing to pay that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cresent Hills View Post
          You get what you pay for. Paying for what you want / need the first time is cheaper than doing it over when you are not happy with the 773. I found out the hard way.

Good point and I keep telling myself that exact thing which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. There is one boat out there on Craigslist that I really, really like...T-Jet, 212, 8.1L, hardtop. Almost a perfect boat in my eyes except for one thing....left hand stick steering. If it had a steering wheel I'd probably have bought it by now. Just not a fan of stick steering. I know a lot of guys love it but I'm just not a fan of it. I want a boat that friends or my daughters can drive. Stick steering has too steep a learning curve for those occasional times you need somebody else to do the driving.

Comment

That boat is a nice one. I wouldn't let the stick steering deter ya. It's easier for your daughter too learn then someone with a lot of steering wheel time. Running the big Su and Yetna doesnt allow you to get the full benefit out of it but everyone who switches seem to love them.

Comment

How does a Hamilton 773 jet perform?

Stick steering in heavy equipment is so much nicer. I wish I could get it in my car.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
              Unknown author

Comment

Disconnect the stick steering and install a helm and cable if you really like the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                  Disconnect the stick steering and install a helm and cable if you really like the boat.
                  Thats A good idea. It isn't that much to do. Less then $500 and pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskabliss View Post
                    Thats A good idea. It isn't that much to do. Less then $500 and pretty easy.
                    I don't really want to buy a boat for that much money only to have to retrofit it to meet my needs. It's a moot point anyway, pretty sure it sold as I don't see it listed on Craigslist any more.

Comment

I don't really want to buy a boat for that much money only to have to retrofit it to meet my needs. It's a moot point anyway, pretty sure it sold as I don't see it listed on Craigslist any more.
                      I wish you luck finding and buying a used boat that will suit your needs perfectly and without having to do some kind of work to it.

Comment

Originally posted by .338WM View Post
                        I wish you luck finding and buying a used boat that will suit your needs perfectly and without having to do some kind of work to it.
                        Why do people have to be such smart asses on this forum? No boat is perfect but I just don't see the point in buying a boat where you have to redo the entire steering assembly. Maybe to you it's no big deal but my time is money and I am not willing to drop close to 40K on a boat that I have to do that work to. I'll wait for something else to come around, there are plenty out there.

Comment

Why do people have to be such smart asses on this forum? No boat is perfect but I just don't see the point in buying a boat where you have to redo the entire steering assembly. Maybe to you it's no big deal but my time is money and I am not willing to drop close to 40K on a boat that I have to do that work to. I'll wait for something else to come around, there are plenty out there.
                          I am not being a smartass, I am totally sincere. Why do people jump to the conclusion that someone is being a smartass when all they are doing is trying to be helpful while expecting nothing in return, and at the same time, speaking from experience!

Have a nice day!

Comment

Mr. Arcticwildman,
                            Please see the attached link. This might be more your style.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4525027213.html

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Taker View Post
                              Mr. Arcticwildman,
                              Please see the attached link. This might be more your style.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4525027213.html
                              Tried to rep you Laker Taker, but the system won't let me! :topjob:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X