Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGH55
    replied
    Need more info. Like what type boat. Check the mounting hight. Do the motors weigh the same? If you are making max rpm's add prop.

Leave a comment:

• jrogers
    replied
    Is your max RPM still correct? It may be that the new motor has a different drive ratio, and therefore requires a different prop pitch to accomplish the same thing. Using the same props, you may be either over-propped (lugging the motor) or under-propped (hitting the rev limiter).

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan XL
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the programmed break in period .338WM mentioned only applies to their Ski-doo line of E-Tecs, but not their outboard products - could be wrong though.

I'd double check w dealer for sure - good point on the same RPM question as well - that is a direct indicator.

Leave a comment:

• .338WM
    replied
    Are you running the same RPM with the same prop, the new motor may now be under-propped? Also, as far as break-in, there may be a timed limiter programmed into the ECM as BRP/CanAM/Bombardier typically does with their products, especially with the ETEC. Have you referred to your owners manual, or called the dealer?

Leave a comment:

• elim
    started a topic speed loss

speed loss

I switched from a 225 Etec to a new 250 Etec last year. For some reason with the same prop I lost 6 mph out of the gate. The 225 was a 60 degree motor and the 250 is a 90 degree motor. Do you think this is because the motor is not broke in yet?

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X