ACS cell PWS, by Knight Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS cell PWS, by Knight Island

This weekend I brought my new phone from acs out to the sound and even though its stated I had reception it gave me an error message that Mobile not registered on network. When I called customer service today she stated that maybe my phone is too current on the 4G network. Anyway, last year I had AT&T and it worked like a champ and wanted to know if anybody else was getting service out there or not. I wondered if maybe it has to do with the fact that they don't turn on the tower until cruise ships start coming through. Very disappointed. Two year contract to wait.

I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy 4 and I get reception at N. Knight.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

iPhone 4g with AT&T gets (poor) voice and (decent) text service S of Lone and N of Knight. No email service though. Also keep a Copper Valley Telecom cell on board which gets good coverage in the eastern Sound, but little elsewhere. I was getting texts last week on my Copper Valley phone along Crafton Island where the AT&T phone had no service.
      "Money may not buy you happiness, but it will buy you a big enough boat that you can get close enough for a look."

Comment

The old ACS 3g CDMA phones worked out there because they roamed on Copper Rivers towers, the newer 4g phones from ACS don't.
        2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've got a gci 4g phone. It's worthless 5 miles outside Whittier. I think they share towers with ACS. Same thing for me, get a message saying not registered on the network. I get a strong signal from main bay and naked Island towers but can't make any calls.

Comment

ACS cell PWS, by Knight Island

I have both ACS and AT&T..... ACS is far better than at@t. As long as you don't have 4g phone you will have service .
            Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X