Knik is getting close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 am today

Doable with a little work...if I had a boat It would have been on the water today
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Liquid water is such a beautiful thing

Comment

Knik is getting close

For those wondering, the entire launch is open.

Upstream the water is low. Probably the lowest I've ever seen it, still nothing hairy as long as you keep out of the side channels. There are old railroad pilings to watch out for under the railroad bridge. I took the open second opening to the left and immediately cut to the right. There is some ice floating downriver but again nothing unavoidable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

made my day ! i cant wait!

Comment

I drove by last night and there was ice from the shore to about 20 feet out...and the water is really low.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
                I drove by last night and there was ice from the shore to about 20 feet out...and the water is really low.
                Maybe the tide brought some ice back in, push that junk out of your way and get in there
                pull my finger....

Comment

Originally posted by tjm View Post
                  Maybe the tide brought some ice back in, push that junk out of your way and get in there
                  Right on. The ice I saw last night looked pretty rotten, but it did have the ramp locked up. One good tide could definitely clear it out.

Comment

I launched at the glen hwy bridge today and went up to Friday creek with no problems, glacier would be doable. Water is very skinny and launching at the old glen looks like a no go with a heavier boat. It's a good time to GPS the channel for later when the water goes up. Found a whole connex container in a side channel between the tailrace and the main channel, ***! The launch is steep and retrieval was a bit tricky.

Comment

I was wondering who was the other truck and trailer at the launch. What was with that guy taking apart his motor home in front of the launch.....

The connex has been there ever since I can remember. Always wondered how it got there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

The guy at the launch was a character for sure and he had no shortage of bizarre questions and commentary . He was changing his tire when we left and still changing the same tire when we returned 4 hours later!!

Comment

Knik is getting close

Apparently when I got to the launch he switched his focus from the flat tire to the motorhome toilet which he decided his best workspace was outside. I'm have seen some strange things at knik, maybe now the only real shocker out there would be spotting Sasquatch in the flesh and blood.
                          sigpic

Comment

can anyone post pics of the conx container?
                            Semper Fi!

Comment

Better get a pic quick, it is usually under water
                              pull my finger....

Comment

Originally posted by 907north View Post
                                I launched at the glen hwy bridge today and went up to Friday creek with no problems, glacier would be doable. Water is very skinny and launching at the old glen looks like a no go with a heavier boat. It's a good time to GPS the channel for later when the water goes up. Found a whole connex container in a side channel between the tailrace and the main channel, ***! The launch is steep and retrieval was a bit tricky.
                                Connex has been there for several years.
                                Sometimes in late silver season it's visible.
                                About a mile below the tail race.

Click image for larger version

Name:	knik connex1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2491621

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X