Knik is getting close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knik is getting close

Stopped by the Knik Glen Hwy boat lunch this afternoon for a look see. It's getting there, maybe a few 29' tides will knock this loose. Someone was at the launch with an older Duckworth, he ain't getting the boat wet today.
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psqhvubdsd.jpg
    sigpic

been watching it like a hawk

Comment

Knik is getting close

Well...... Was it open today? If you see a green 17' Wooldridge Sport Sportjet at the launch stop by and say hi.
      sigpic

Comment

Or a white River Wild
        09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

I been watchin it as well. I think we are all pretty anxious. Accordind to my calender. On May 8, 2012 we made our first run to the glacier. On May 18, 2013 we made our first run to the glacier. Any bets on when the first run will be this year?
          "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Comment

Im going to try and launch this coming weekend, looks like the old bridge is almost doeable.

Comment

im gonna try and get my boat finished by next weekend hopefully make a run really soon . the launch looks doable at the knik if you wanna launch on ice the old bridge is good to go i hear i launched super early last year and got really stuck thay sand is terrible . and the water is shallow a long ways out .

Comment

Kyle, Thanks for the info, i will not get into water with truck on the knik and try to stay on gravel. Maybe i will ride atv down there and check things out good before i get too excited.
                Mike

Comment

ya let us know how it looks maybe we can organize a glacier run

Comment

Will do, last years run was a hoot. Cold but alot of fun.
                    Even if we have to wait a few weeks to do some sort of get-together and run to glacier i am always up for that to. Already been talking to a few folks about making that run as soon as launch is good.

Comment

Ill be getting my boat ready on Friday that way when it opens Im ready
                      Is it opening day of duck season yet
                      Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

It'll be open by friday
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        pull my finger....

Comment

I would like to go out with other boaters assuming my boat would make it. I have not gotten to use my boat much last year. please keep this post posted.
                          21' Thunder Jet Alexis

Comment

iv been tellin a bunch of people, im not gonna be able to go this weekend ill have to wait till next

Comment

Not sure how far you could have gone but the ice on the main channel went from a bunch to nothing today. Think there still may be an ice shelf over by the launch? This being at the main hwy bridge. I'd love to get out if anyone has an open seat pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X