Chart Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Help

On PWS chart 16705 I see a symbol in several places but can't figure out what they depict. For example, there are 3 of them in Shotgun Cove, Pigot Bay and Main Bay. Anyone know :question::question::question:

Can you post a picture?
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

They are mooring bouys...
      When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
      Blood Sport
      32' Custom Wooldridge
      MMSI #: 338181573

Comment

NOAA's Chart #1 has all the legend information for all their charts
        http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m...1/ChartNo1.pdf

I think the symbols you're referring to are for mooring bouys (p. 90). They aren't always there, like in the case of Pigot Bay, where there used to be a mooring buoy in front of the USFS cabin that isn't there anymore.
        "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by MRFISH View Post
          NOAA's Chart #1 has all the legend information for all their charts
          http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m...1/ChartNo1.pdf

I think the symbols you're referring to are for mooring bouys (p. 90). They aren't always there, like in the case of Pigot Bay, where there used to be a mooring buoy in front of the USFS cabin that isn't there anymore.
          Thanks for the Chart 1 link. I don't know if there used to be more than one cabin in Pigot Bay, but there was a nice one in the N.West head of the bay last fall. Maybe it was a rebuild...looked pretty new and in very good shape.

Comment

I think he meant the mooring buoy wasn't there anymore, not the cabin

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
              I think he meant the mooring buoy wasn't there anymore, not the cabin
              OK...I get it now....Doh!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X