Is skilak Lake open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is skilak Lake open?

Title says it is skilak open? did it even freeze this year?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Negative. Not open. Was there yesterday. Turning dark but needs at least a week yet. Kenai lake a bit more along but still not ready to give it up either. All the small lakes still covered with only small one starting to show water 100 ft from some shorelines. Snow in Cooper Landing about Gone but could not yet access cooper lake. Still snomachine access able tho only for the next couple days I'ld bet.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

When I hiked skyline the glacier half of skilak lake was open. Has that open line not made it to the middle of the lake boat launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
        When I hiked skyline the glacier half of skilak lake was open. Has that open line not made it to the middle of the lake boat launch
        No. I did see that section open(what u mentioned from overlook) but stopped at both ramps and both looked quite socked in.
        Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
        WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

OK thanks guys. A 2 yr old and a 4mo old makes scouting anything difficult

Comment

Just got back from skilak. The middle boat launch is open. A little windy but not a bad trip. The line of ice had moved about a mile to the west of the lake

Comment

Any updated info now that its Tuesday the 22nd?

Comment

Just drove out and checked it out. went to the lower boat launch, looks like its reallllly close. almost like a thick slush. here is a video i took while out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzGOYjDxcQ

Comment

thanks for the update
                  NRA life Member JVJ

Comment

Any more updates? I am thinking of floating the Kenai and motoring over to the first launch this coming weekend and I have never gone this early. Should I be worried?

Comment

A buddy of mine had his boat out from the upper launch and it was clear up there all the way to the head of the lake. Don't know about the lower launch

Comment

Thanks Tony--think I'll give it a shot this weekend. I've only done the upper launch anyway. Looks like the weather may cooperate this weekend also.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X