Trophy 2359 Hard Top owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy 2359 Hard Top owners

Anbody out there with this boat can you send me a pm or post here. I'd love to know your thoughts.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Hi Warrior, I have the Trophy 2459 with the complete cabin, not just the hardtop. I really like mine, because it is an I/0 it even comes with a 2 speed heater. And the wife is happy because it has a table, stove top and ice box and a porta potty in the v berth area. Here in Alaska I wanted to have an enclosed cabin and haven't been sorry.

Comment

Tlingitwarrior,
      Check out this bayliner site. If you have specific questions, they should be able to assist you.
      http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/
      BK
      BK Marine Services 232-6399
      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I've had my 2359 for 6 years. In my opinion, the 5.0 is a little underpowered for the boat, especially with a load of fish on the swim step. I re-powered with a 350 MAG, and it's all good! The cabin is great to be able to get out of the weather, the wife enjoys it much more than my Hewescraft with a ragtop.

Comment

tlingitwarrior,

I thought you had a 22' SeaSport Diesel...?

Sobie2

Comment

I just bought a 2008 2359 back in December. It has the 5.0 MPI engine and Bravo 3 outdrive. It's a bit sluggish getting up on step, but once it does, it rides great. Worst weather I've been in is 4'-5' seas in PWS. It actually took the waves better than I expected.

It planes out at about 14kt, and burns 12gph @ 25kt. Top speed is about 35kt. I've heard that the Alpha outdrives don't perform as well.

Comment

Hello I bought my 2359 brand new in 2004 and love everything about it. I have the 5.0 bravo 1 and it was under powered when there was any win or strong tides or if i had a load of fish on the swim deck, i had to re-prop my and it has more than enough power. It came with a 21 pitch and I ended up with a 15 pitch and everything is great now and has been since then the swap. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. The only thing is that I wish the made the same boat in a 26 to 30 footer.

Later
              Moose

Comment

Hi Moose, Going from a 21 pitch to a 15 pitch is quite a drop, how did that affect your top end?

Comment

Originally posted by Sobie2 View Post
                  tlingitwarrior,

I thought you had a 22' SeaSport Diesel...?

Sobie2
                  Sold the boat a few months ago. I think the 27 Pilot or Navigator is the boat for me. Know of one for sale?
                  In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by Moose381 View Post
                    Hello I bought my 2359 brand new in 2004 and love everything about it. I have the 5.0 bravo 1 and it was under powered when there was any win or strong tides or if i had a load of fish on the swim deck, i had to re-prop my and it has more than enough power. It came with a 21 pitch and I ended up with a 15 pitch and everything is great now and has been since then the swap. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. The only thing is that I wish the made the same boat in a 26 to 30 footer.

Later
                    Moose
                    Yeah, second that wish for a 26 foot Trophy, just recently I discovered Bayliner made a 28 foot Trophy Hardtop for few years in the mid-80's, one for sale in Seward right now. But like most 28 footers more boat than I want for my use, permit required, and twins. Just too much boat.
                    I sure like Hardtops, prefer that over a flying bridge myself. Now...... for a total hijack, what about those 26 foot explorers............?
                    I have seen a few of those repowered with a little more oooommph........and have heard they do OK................?
                    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                      Sold the boat a few months ago. I think the 27 Pilot or Navigator is the boat for me. Know of one for sale?
                      How about these:
                      http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2366387410.html
                      http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Se...2700/114634241
                      http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1998.../United-States

Those 27 Pilot House sure are nice boats. Good luck in your search and be sure to let us know what you end up with.

AKgramps....Have you looked at the 2859? I like the layout of the boats as it provides lots of room for family but your right, they are alot a boat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Patrick,
                        i have looked at the 2859's, nice boat, but generally out of my price range and too much boat for living in the interior and as little use as I could give it at this time.......................The construction buis is the wrong ocupation if you want to enjoy summers in AK....How about this SS............http://juneau.craigslist.org/boa/2440417433.html

Originally posted by patrickL View Post
                        How about these:
                        http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2366387410.html
                        http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Se...2700/114634241
                        http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1998.../United-States

Those 27 Pilot House sure are nice boats. Good luck in your search and be sure to let us know what you end up with.

AKgramps....Have you looked at the 2859? I like the layout of the boats as it provides lots of room for family but your right, they are alot a boat.
                        “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Hello Paster Bob I lost about 4-5 mph at top end but the boat jumps out of the water. I feel it is worth the lower top end speed.

Later Moose

Comment

I have a 2007 2359 Hardtop. I think it's a good boat and I haven't had too many problems. The gas cap had to be swapped out due to water getting in it as a design flaw. A small piece of the top eggshelled about the size of a pencil eraser. I contacted the factory and they sent me all the stuff to fix it for free. I have the Bravo III with the 5.0 mpi. Like others say its a little sluggish to get the bow to lay down but once it does, it winds up it goes great. I cruise at 3200-3400 rpm, 10-11 gpm and 25-28 mph. Top end on the speedo is over 45 mph. It's pretty comfortable with V-Birth, a bed under the table and a table that folds into a bed. Flushing crapper is nice, sink with cold water, refrige, wash down deck pump, 2 fish holds, a live bait well I use as a trash can. I don't think they made the 2359 hardtop this year? It's the only model I would own in AK.

http://www.trophyfishing.com/index.asp
                            I have also owned the '84 model 28' Trophy hardtop. I liked it but it was more of a hassle to trailer having to get permits. Also burned more fuel and was older with the problems you get from a 27 year old boat that has had a life on the salt.

Comment

Matt- I have the same boat same year and the water thing has baffled me! The gas cap leaks water?? I even have a racor pre-water seperator in front of the merc one. What did you replace it with? Stainless one?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X