Deshka landing entertainment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshka landing entertainment!

Was at Deshka getting lumber yesterday and decided that I should talk the office into setting up chairs and selling popcorn for the weekend at the landing! The drive down and past the Deshka was only slightly less entertaining! I'ts a wonder there isnt anymore train wrecks than there are! YAHOO MAT-SU!

ditto

Originally posted by alexander View Post
    Was at Deshka getting lumber yesterday and decided that I should talk the office into setting up chairs and selling popcorn for the weekend at the landing! The drive down and past the Deshka was only slightly less entertaining! I'ts a wonder there isnt anymore train wrecks than there are! YAHOO MAT-SU!
    :ditto:lots of fun to watch the landing departures.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"
    2018 12' Moto Jet "River Pup"

Comment

I like watching them come in full bore and waking the heck out of everything in sight then wonder why everyone is staring at them.

Comment

I always enjoyed the Lil Su launch. It combines ignorance AND the river current to make some interesting situations for less experienced folks. Definetly enjoyable at either location, especially when you throw in a little stress or someone without patience.
        BK
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Now that the water is low I had to go out twice by five fingers to rescue boaters high aground. It always makes me shake my head when I see a weekender loaded to the tilt with lumber and supplies and they dont even call to see if there is enough water? Makes my wallet feel good though

Comment

Whats the $$$ for a rescue? And whats the number to call.
            2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
            SD309 AT
            2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
            Custom Mod's

Comment

It cost money to rescue someone or help them off of a sand bar. When you live out here you have to haul your fuel in and that of course cost money too! For instance two weeks ago I had to go way up the Alexander and tow a airboat that threw a bearing down to our house. The two guys spent the night and enjoyed good food and company at no cost of course because they were now our guest. Now by the time I towed them to Dynomite slew I had used over 25 gallons of gas. That my friend is like gold out here. I charge for the fuel and a dollar more a gallon because I have to haul more in. Now if your willing to bring me back the fuel I used then of course there is no charge. My number is 733-1559 and I can help people in trouble from the Yetna down to the Inlet. If your above there then you would want to call Ron at the Deshka at 495-7001 or Larry Heater at the Deshka at 495-1285.

Comment

Where is "5 fingers?" is it here?

6128'38.01" N 15031'32.27" W

Just curious...Ive never heard of that place before. Thanks

Joe
                09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

Originally posted by c-bolt View Post
                  Where is "5 fingers?" is it here?

6128'38.01" N 15031'32.27" W

Just curious...Ive never heard of that place before. Thanks

Joe
                  I would say pretty close maybe tad more down stream, hard to tell with a winter photo, 61.28.19.14N 150,31,47.18 W.
                  There abouts, Just local short term for holy smokes what one to go in!!
                  Remember, Mother nature has no forgiveness for stupidity.
                  If you don't care where you are, your not lost

Comment

Go thru the fifth finger which would be the last finger down stream. It takes you out of the east channel and into the west channel and down to Alexander Creek. That is if there is enough water! If not you have to continue down the east channel past the power lines and up Dynomite slough. Now if you want to go on a cool ride go up fish creek to Flathorn lake. that is fun!

Comment

Thanks for the info.... I hope you were compensated for your time and effort
                      2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
                      SD309 AT
                      2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
                      Custom Mod's

Comment

My time at the landing has been pretty benign. I did get a bit of a giggle watching some poor guy trying to get his Wooly classic (I think) off of his trailer while about 6 other rigs waited "patiently" to retrieve. All i could think was "glad that's not me!"

Comment

It is always for sure a lot of fun to watch...

HaHa... When I was heading out Sunday I was loading my boat up as another was launching (really nice inboard, Northriver or Custom weld I believe) and this guy was working it like he really knew what he was doing so I really didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him until I hear "SPLASH!!!" and I look up to see this white shirted rocket come launching out of the water and sucking for BIG AIR... Man did he have a few choice words... Lol, but the sad thing was, he wanted to act like it was all planned.

I just smiled and asked if he was alright? Then I told him he might want to put some dry stuff on as it might get a little chilly...

To the guy that went through this, I am not laughing at you... not that I ever did anything like that...roud:

Safe boating to everyone.
                          Tony

Comment

My buddy who shall be nameless was on the bow of a big jet boat going in to the landing in low water one fall and he was shot off the front into the water. It probaly wouldnt have been so funny if he didnt deserve it! I bet Deshka river is having it's entertaining moments right now with all the boats and Kings!

Comment

Saw a guy beat his fish with a fire extinguisher on Monday when he didn't have a club to use. Pretty funny.
                              At the launch later, saw a guy jackknife a trailer practically into the back of his rig while backing down an empty trailer. He could read his trailer liscence plate from the truck seat if that tells ya anything. 2 attempts later, he finally got it somewhat straight and took up 2 lanes just to load a 16' jon boat. Some people....

The best one I saw was several years ago when a guy was all by himself, was in a hurry, trying to load his big Wooly Classic inboard. He gets it on the trailer somewhat, goes to hook up and crank it on the rest of the way. How this happened is ANYONES guess, but while cranking her on, he got his head caught between the bow and the cranking wheel and pinned his head in there. He ended up alright for the most part, but, What The ****???

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X