1350 horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1350 horsepower

Seen a boat, I think a Glacier Craft, in the Seward harbor. Triple yamaha 450's, why waste the extra money for the third motor, twin 450's is overkill as it is, it looked like a 32-35 foot boat or so.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Yamaha has a 450? Sure it wasn't 350s?

Comment

Originally posted by russiarulez View Post
      Yamaha has a 450? Sure it wasn't 350s?
      pretty sure they were 450, I took a double take when I seen them

Comment

I looked at yamahas web site, and they do not list a 450, but these outboards I seen said 450 on them

Comment

I would guess its the same theory as building a custom hot rod and going with a custom blue printed and supercharged big block. Certainly not needed, certainly overkill, but if its your custom rig and thats what your into, seems kind of cool actually.

Granted, I certainly would not want to pay the fuel bill if it sucked anywhere near the amount of gas I would think. Actaully, I guess now I'm curious how much fuel three 350/450hp outboards would suck down. You see the triple 300/350hp's rigged all the time on southern salwater boatshat kind of economy they get?

Regardless, I bet that think will go as fast as the fortunate owner wants, likely way faster than water conditions often allow.

Will
          Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Comment

I talked to the owners last year and they're actually 225's or 250's with 450 stickers on them. I was curious about it too! It was the same boat that was at the sportsman show a few years back...
            In 2011, the United States military finally starts to enforce the no sodomy rule...

Comment

250's with 450 stickers......it moves out like it has triple 450's :topjob:

I too, threw the bs flag and went and talked to them. Very nice rig.

Comment

I have an Apple sticker on my PC. Never hurts to dream!!

Comment

You are right about the stickers. They did a good job on it and they look realistic. I think that use to be the AK Demolition boat that got sold last summer. I think the new owners named/renamed it Thirsty. Seems appropriate.
                  2009 Seawolf 31'
                  www.seawolfmarine.com
                  Fully Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers View Post
                    You are right about the stickers. They did a good job on it and they look realistic. I think that use to be the AK Demolition boat that got sold last summer. I think the new owners named/renamed it Thirsty. Seems appropriate.
                    Yup, that is the one. It will pass everything but a gas station!
                    sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                      Yup, that is the one. It will pass everything but a gas station!
                      lol, that is funny

Comment

Why stop at 450?

Tired of puny 250, 300 or 350 hp OB's? Take a look at these bad boys. From a magazine article I read, these motors sell for $68k each & they are aimed at the big twin market.

http://www.seven-marine.com/
                        2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
                        Twin 175 Suzuki's
                        "Thunderbird"
                        MMSI #338033856

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X