• Show
Clear All

• SeaULater
    replied
    Yes stainless steel.

Leave a comment:

• broncoformudv
    replied
    I sure hope that takes care of it for you its been a long time coming.

Leave a comment:

• rambling raven
    replied
    Originally posted by SeaULater View Post
    Not changing pitch, just having the leading edges refinished. This happened long ago and I was remiss on checking the impeller after the first season. Not only cost us in performance but $$ spent on fuel. Present grate is for the ocean, Hamilton does offer a river grate for this jet. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep the big clods out of the pump; or eliminate the clod behind the wheel.
    I hope that solves the mystery in performance - I know it can make a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• Grayling Slayer
    replied
    I'm guessing that you do not have stainless steel impellers.

Leave a comment:

• SeaULater
    replied
    Not changing pitch, just having the leading edges refinished. This happened long ago and I was remiss on checking the impeller after the first season. Not only cost us in performance but $$ spent on fuel. Present grate is for the ocean, Hamilton does offer a river grate for this jet. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep the big clods out of the pump; or eliminate the clod behind the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• rambling raven
    replied
    What was the condition of the impeller? Was it damaged or are you changing the pitch to something else? Inquiring minds want to know!

Leave a comment:

• broncoformudv
    replied
    Having issues adjusting to the larger tub?

Leave a comment:

• SeaULater
    replied
    Just in case anyone else gets into this same situation, I did contact Ed Long @ 242-7194 in Whittier. He and his buddy Pete removed the shaft and impeller today. I am sending the impeller down to The Prop Shop in WA, it was highly recommended by several forum members and Hamilton WA.
    There is a gentleman named John Greenwood in Cordova that does impeller work, but I could not reach him, also someone in the valley that Hallibutgrove recommended.

Leave a comment:

• SeaULater
    replied
    Backing off the beach most likely.
    Called and talked with Ed Long this morning. He is going to check around.
    Still looking...

Leave a comment:

• rambling raven
    replied
    Did you hit a sand bar to dull them up?

Leave a comment:

• Whittier Boats
    replied
    You might try Ed long at Long's Marine. 242 7194

Leave a comment:

• SeaULater
    started a topic Hamilton Jetpump Repairs in Whittier

Hamilton Jetpump Repairs in Whittier

Does anyone know of any jetpump mechanics in Whittier? I need some impellers polished up on a Hami 274.
    SeaULater

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X