Hamilton Jetpump Repairs in Whittier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Jetpump Repairs in Whittier

Does anyone know of any jetpump mechanics in Whittier? I need some impellers polished up on a Hami 274.
    SeaULater

You might try Ed long at Long's Marine. 242 7194
    Rob Cone-Clark
    Whittier Boats
    http://www.alaska-boat-rentals.com
    Tel. 1.907.632.1188

Comment

Did you hit a sand bar to dull them up?

Comment

Backing off the beach most likely.
        Called and talked with Ed Long this morning. He is going to check around.
        Still looking...

Comment

Just in case anyone else gets into this same situation, I did contact Ed Long @ 242-7194 in Whittier. He and his buddy Pete removed the shaft and impeller today. I am sending the impeller down to The Prop Shop in WA, it was highly recommended by several forum members and Hamilton WA.
          There is a gentleman named John Greenwood in Cordova that does impeller work, but I could not reach him, also someone in the valley that Hallibutgrove recommended.

Comment

Having issues adjusting to the larger tub?
            http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

What was the condition of the impeller? Was it damaged or are you changing the pitch to something else? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Not changing pitch, just having the leading edges refinished. This happened long ago and I was remiss on checking the impeller after the first season. Not only cost us in performance but $$ spent on fuel. Present grate is for the ocean, Hamilton does offer a river grate for this jet. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep the big clods out of the pump; or eliminate the clod behind the wheel.

Comment

I'm guessing that you do not have stainless steel impellers.
                  "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Originally posted by SeaULater View Post
                    Not changing pitch, just having the leading edges refinished. This happened long ago and I was remiss on checking the impeller after the first season. Not only cost us in performance but $$ spent on fuel. Present grate is for the ocean, Hamilton does offer a river grate for this jet. Perhaps that is what is needed to keep the big clods out of the pump; or eliminate the clod behind the wheel.
                    I hope that solves the mystery in performance - I know it can make a huge difference.

Comment

I sure hope that takes care of it for you its been a long time coming.
                      http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Yes stainless steel.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X