New Diesel Phantom Sportjon Herc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Diesel Phantom Sportjon Herc

Thought I'd post some pics of our customer 24' Phantom Herc. It will utilized the FNM 250hp diesel coupled to the hamilton 212. The switchback design has been moved foward with a self-bailing front deck, 50gallon bow tanks and 50 gallon belly tank. Both port and stb console post are removable as well as center console windshield.

North River, Alweld and Phantom Boats, Mercury Marine, FNM Marine Diesel
    Hamilton, Kodiak, Almarine Jet
    Prop, Impeller repair, Planar Heater Sales & Installation
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Great looking boat. I like the switchback mounted forward and talk about a ton of space in the back. Very nice.

Comment

I agree, that sucker looks huge. Are you sure only one motor will be enough?
      "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the fisher View Post
        I agree, that sucker looks huge. Are you sure only one motor will be enough?
        The Hamilton with the 250 will be plently of power for the Herc. I'm sure we'll see 40+mph WOT. I'll keep you posted. Here's a few more pics with the console finished. Getting flipped for hardcore next. This will have a single mariner seat in the center and two removable pedestal seats on each side. Three seats across. 48" bench seats behind them that convert into a bed. Should make a hunting rig.

Comment

I sure do like the bull dog look that the bow has..

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what's the price tag on that setup?
            NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Comment

Originally posted by MToutdoorsman View Post
              Just out of curiosity, what's the price tag on that setup?
              The base model 21.5' with the diesel and hamilton, including trailer, delivered here to Alaska starts $54K. The same boat with a SPJ would start at $43K. Stretching either to 24' is $1900 upgrade.

Comment

That thing is sure big! Looks like you could fit a AlaskanXL inside of it... hahaha...i kid, i kid.

Do you know what the weight of that combo will be? It looks like it could haul the mail for sure! Probably fit 2 rangers in there. Maybe even a moose buggy!

Looks kind of cool, keep us updated.
                09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Comment

What are the differences in weight and running draft between the spj and diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post
                    I sure do like the bull dog look that the bow has..
                    Looks like a very functional rig, though I havn't warmed up to the squared off nose much. Guess I can't tell which end is which if it isnt pointy. That said, ever thought about the landing craft option on one of these? Put the console/windshield/posts on a roller/track system and you could move it back and forth with ease with a quick lock-down system. Of course you'd have to get real innovative with the controls but think of the possibilities:think:.
                    Haul a few wheelers today, drive 'em out, move console up front, put up the top and have a ton of covered fishing space......

Comment

That sure is a great idea. I'd love to see something like that built.
                      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Looks like a great Yukon set up as long as you can get the Villages to sell their winter supply of fuel. Or you could always have deisel flown in and cached.

Comment

Originally posted by OzAK View Post
                          Looks like a very functional rig, though I havn't warmed up to the squared off nose much. Guess I can't tell which end is which if it isnt pointy. That said, ever thought about the landing craft option on one of these? Put the console/windshield/posts on a roller/track system and you could move it back and forth with ease with a quick lock-down system. Of course you'd have to get real innovative with the controls but think of the possibilities:think:.
                          Haul a few wheelers today, drive 'em out, move console up front, put up the top and have a ton of covered fishing space......
                          OzAK- I was thinking the same thing a few months ago. I figured you could have two stations and have all your controls on some sort of quick disconnects. So then you would just unhook at one station and store the cables in the floor move the console back and hook up to the other set of controls that are stored in the floor....

Comment

Originally posted by f0zzy2 View Post
                            Looks like a great Yukon set up as long as you can get the Villages to sell their winter supply of fuel. .
                            I always laugh when people think they can buy all the diesel they need on the Yukon or other remote areas. My wife manages all the village bulk fuel purchases for the state and says that most villages don't even have enough fuel for themselves each year, let alone sell to us for hunting. If you've got it before, i guess you were lucky.
                            27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
                            Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
                            Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
                            MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Originally posted by robbentler View Post
                              I always laugh when people think they can buy all the diesel they need on the Yukon or other remote areas. My wife manages all the village bulk fuel purchases for the state and says that most villages don't even have enough fuel for themselves each year, let alone sell to us for hunting. If you've got it before, i guess you were lucky.
                              I called Crowely in Galena last fall and both Ultra low and heating fuel is available. Delivery is available via a tanker truck. I have customer who runs a small cargo service on the yukon and obtains it regularly. With a 4.5-5mpg and range of 450-500 on the 100 gallons capacity, there won't be a need to make too many stops. We just completed a estimate in Marshall on converting two bow pickers into landing craft which also had Volvo diesels installed in them. Don't think I'd ever want to run that far but apparently diesels even clear out there on the Yukon.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X