Mayday Calls question

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskanmutt
    replied
    You can pick them up at the DNR Public Information Center too, along with the Oil Discharge sticker and all the Alaska Boating handbooks.
    If they are out then Boating Safety is on the 13th Floor of the Atwood Building and they got gobs of stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Call Decal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	2479592

Leave a comment:

• AKBassking
    replied
    Thanks for the help

Leave a comment:

• Paul H
    replied
    The USCG has a nice sticker with all the info on how to make a mayday call, you should be able to get one from the CG auxiliary. When we took a boating safety class they handed them out, and I slapped one next to the VHF so everyone on board will know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• MRFISH
    replied
    Originally posted by AKBassking View Post
    I am creating a small card to place by my radio with pertinent information about the boat and proper way to make a mayday call. I will during my safety brief instruct passengers the location of this card.

Question: When stating the name of the boat I have noticed on the radio things like "This is FV" (Fish vessel?) etc. Would you use P/V for private vessel? What is the proper terminology?:question:
    I think you'd use M/V, or motor vessel. F/V usually refers to commercial fishing vessels.

Leave a comment:

• aksnowmo
    replied
    I believe P/V is pollice vessel...it says it on the USFS LE boat that I saw tuesday in harbor.

Leave a comment:

• AKBassking
    started a topic Mayday Calls question

Mayday Calls question

I am creating a small card to place by my radio with pertinent information about the boat and proper way to make a mayday call. I will during my safety brief instruct passengers the location of this card.

Question: When stating the name of the boat I have noticed on the radio things like "This is FV" (Fish vessel?) etc. Would you use P/V for private vessel? What is the proper terminology?:question:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X