where to get Yamaha outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get Yamaha outboards

I am shopping for 2 yamaha 150 outboards for a 27' glacier craft. I would love to buy local but I believe there has to be better deals somewhere else. Anyone know if this place exists,......cheap yamaha outboard land.

This is who I use as a do it yourselfer http://www.lmmarine.net/pages/OemParts

Not sure how shipping to AK plays in but worth the call

Comment

Originally posted by overtime View Post
      I am shopping for 2 yamaha 150 outboards for a 27' glacier craft. I would love to buy local but I believe there has to be better deals somewhere else. Anyone know if this place exists,......cheap yamaha outboard land.
      did you try the gear shed in Homer... ask for Sandy Crane 1 800 478 8612

Comment

Kachemak gearshed is not the Yamaha dealer anymore in Homer. ?? Lower peninsula power sports is the business name I think.

Comment

Dewys in Anchorage? You may have a tough time finding them given the situation in Japan. If you find them, snap them up!

Comment

Good luck! I've been told by several dealers down south that Japan has stopped production alltoghether!

Comment

In Anchorage it's Dewy's, Your not going to get best deal this time of year (unless they have last years model's etc) but they are fair in price. You also have Homer, and I think Yamaha in the valley sells them. Besides that, is lower 48 and shipping em up..

As Ruger01 says though, Japan has a couple of other pressing issues to focus on right now. I wanted to pick up a 20hp for a zodiac and had to settle for the last 15 because they have no idea when Japan will be shipping.

Just a thought too, if you buy outside, you may not get the best service if you ever need it. I personally have never had the issue since my Yamaha's need very little, but at this time of year, if you need service, you want it turned around quickly... again, just a thought.

Good luck.
              Tony

Comment

River and Sea Marine in Soldatna sells Yamaha outboards. Don't know about their prices.
                "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
                MMSI#

Comment

Personally I was worried about the service more than brand or price, after researching for several months I ended up buying a 20hp for my zodiac from dewys. the price was fair and they seemed the most helpful and honest. just my .02

Comment

I've had yamaha's for several years... only one gave me any trouble.. but it was on warranty.... however, that's where the irritation began... here in the valley you have Dewey's in Anchorage and South Shore Marina at Big lake... Turn around repair time is 3 more like 4 weeks to get anything done.... a big chunk out of our short boating season...!!! I don't think any other make/model is going to be any different... I just wanted to belly ache a little...

Comment

What about Anchorage Yamaha? I thought they worked on outboards but do they also sell them?
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I will check locally but I won't deny a great deal out of state.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the new Yamaha XCA 225's?

Comment

http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/boa/2374548321.html

Comment

2 strokes. Poor choice IMO.
                              sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X