X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLSJ
    replied
    Talkeetna Water levels

Ran up to Clear Creek this past Friday and thought that I would post a few pictures of the boat at the launch, Channel to the R/R bridge and one up at Clear Creek. Still plenty of water in the river.

Leave a comment:

• Crumm
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger45 View Post
    I could not find what engine you put in this...what did you choose? Looks great!
    The thread title says it all "Sport Jet". 200 optimax sportjet.

Leave a comment:

• bcriverhunter
    replied
    beautiful boat, congrats!!....you better get a lot of driving done now, because i sense the kids are going to be "borrowing" the keys in a few years!!!....thanks for posting those pics!!.....larry

Leave a comment:

• Music Man
    replied
    It's time to put the license numbers on the side before you get a ticket.
    Nice ride!

Leave a comment:

• Roger45
    replied
    I could not find what engine you put in this...what did you choose? Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• XLSJ
    replied
    Evening folks,

Thanks to all for the kind comments. Pilebuck no dents yet, the waters been high enough to make it pretty easy to steer clear of the bumpy stuff, but there's still plenty of opportunity left to find some this fall. Tell Perry I said hi. Here's a few more pictures. I posted a picture earlier with all four pedestal seats in, here is a shot as a completely open boat and few just having a good time.

Leave a comment:

• pilebuck
    replied
    Any dents?

Leave a comment:

• BigSuBoater
    replied
    Those are some great pictures..congrats again on the new boat!

Leave a comment:

• pacific23
    replied
    ALLOY, Kids and Fish = A GREAT time. Well done , very well done.

Leave a comment:

• LeonardC
    replied
    Nice boat & family & fish! Thanks for the report about your boat doing so well going "slow". I raised this question in the past as I "kick tires" on a boat of my own...I was told jet boats and slow don't go together. I'm glad you and your Wooldridge have proved that statement to be incorrect in some cases. I do not want to run over someone because I had to be going "fast".

Leave a comment:

• Armed_alaskan
    replied
    Thats a boat, looks real nice on the water; congrats to you and your family.

Originally posted by XLSJ View Post
    Howdy Folks,

I picked the boat up in Whittier last Friday, and have been enjoying life on the water once again. BigSu that was me you passed last Saturday, recognized your boat as we passed. You got off the water at the right time, it poured the rest of the day, but we had a blast on the river! Spent the last week camping and fishing with my boys, and absolutely love the way the boat handles and performs. The boat can definitely go fast, but I love the way it handles at slow speeds. Manuevers nicely on step in the 18 to 23mph range, 3750 to 4000 rpm, sipping 6.0 gal per hour. These are great speeds on smaller rivers with lots of boat traffic, like the Little Su. The boat turned out exactly as I envisioned it would, and it is definitely one sweet fishing machine. Here are a few pictures of the boat on Alaskan waters.

Leave a comment:

• XLSJ
    replied
    A week on the water!

Howdy Folks,

I picked the boat up in Whittier last Friday, and have been enjoying life on the water once again. BigSu that was me you passed last Saturday, recognized your boat as we passed. You got off the water at the right time, it poured the rest of the day, but we had a blast on the river! Spent the last week camping and fishing with my boys, and absolutely love the way the boat handles and performs. The boat can definitely go fast, but I love the way it handles at slow speeds. Manuevers nicely on step in the 18 to 23mph range, 3750 to 4000 rpm, sipping 6.0 gal per hour. These are great speeds on smaller rivers with lots of boat traffic, like the Little Su. The boat turned out exactly as I envisioned it would, and it is definitely one sweet fishing machine. Here are a few pictures of the boat on Alaskan waters.

Leave a comment:

• BigSuBoater
    replied
    Did you go to the deshka last Saturday with the new boat? I thought I saw your boat while I was on my way out, I had the red XLSJ

Leave a comment:

• XLSJ
    replied
    The barge is in Whittier!

The barge arrived in Whittier this morning. Unloading should be completed today, and the boat will be available for pick-up tomorrow. I'll post more pictures soon. BTF, I plan to be on the Little Sue next week.

Leave a comment:

• Bob the fisher
    replied
    XLSJ...let me know when your ready to hit the Lillte Su...I wana take mine there as well...haven't been on that river yet..."fishon"

Originally posted by XLSJ View Post
    Glen sent a few more pictures yesterday just before the boat was delivered to AML. Glen's dad Bob Wooldridge, (Standing next to the boat) personally delivered the boat to the port, completing what has been a 1st class build/customer service experience from start to finish. The key thing I would like to pass on from my build experience is that the folks at Wooldridge Boats truly understand that their business is about more than just building great boats, but also about building great relationships with their customers.

I have enjoyed sharing all the pictures of the build, and have appreciated all the comments from my fellow boaters. I just checked tonight and the barge is just going by Vancouver Island. One week to go! A/A I will be chasing Silvers the 5th through the 15th of August on the Little Su, Deshka and various places up the Big Su. Hope to see you on the river. The build is complete, but I will post a few more pictures of the boat in action during the next month or so. I'm so ready to get back on the water.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X