Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help find a hudson bay...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help find a hudson bay...

    I'm kind of a lousy computer internet guy and have had zero luck finding one for a while. If anyone can find or comes across a HB for sale on the east coast please let me know.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

  • #2
    Are you looking for a new or used Hudson Bay? I believe there are Scott dealers in Maine and Connecticut, and, even, New York state. Used ones are hard to find, although there are sometimes used HB's for sale in Ontario.

    Comment


    • #3
      CL

      Originally posted by tboehm View Post
      I'm kind of a lousy computer internet guy and have had zero luck finding one for a while. If anyone can find or comes across a HB for sale on the east coast please let me know.
      Use Craigslist.com. Go to their boats section and search for freighter or squareback. If you find one buy it quickly because they don't stay for sale for long. If the seller doesn't know he's selling a Scott boat you'll get it cheaper probably.

      Comment


      • #4
        Rick - I'm looking for a used one. I did talk with the dealer in maine

        Familyman - I was trying craigs list but the way it looks now you have to search specific cities and that just is next to impossible for the entire east coast and my computer skills are limited. I like the idea of the freighter or squareback. I know they don't last so thats why I thought to ask the members here to help keep an eye out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
        Semper Fi and God Bless

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tboehm View Post
          Familyman - I was trying craigs list but the way it looks now you have to search specific cities and that just is next to impossible for the entire east coast and my computer skills are limited. I like the idea of the freighter or squareback. I know they don't last so thats why I thought to ask the members here to help keep an eye out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
          Use google.com Go to advanced search.

          Restrict its search to any domain that is craigslist.com and you should get nationwide CL looksees.

          Use the OR section of keywords. I'd suggest using: (note the selective use of quotes)
          Scott "Hudson Bay" squareback freighter

          Comment


          • #6
            Use Craigs list helper a lot easier to search multiple areas

            Comment


            • #7
              i was gonna suggest crazedlist.com. You have to use a browser like firefox for it to work. It wont work on internet explorer. Just pick the key word you want to search for, what section you want to search in (for sale), and what subsection (boats), then click on all the cities you want to search. It will bring them all up on one page.

              Comment


              • #8
                Familyman - tried your suggestion and only one comes up which stinks but I guess thats all there is right now

                Does anyone have any other sites that they would suggest besides craigs list or ebay?

                Thanks for all of the help and input. Please keep and eye out for me.
                Semper Fi and God Bless

                Comment


                • #9
                  Try talking to grit he is wanting to sell his.

                  http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-my-HB-package

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by needcoffee View Post
                    Try talking to grit he is wanting to sell his.

                    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-my-HB-package
                    Do you think that he would bring it to NC for free?
                    Semper Fi and God Bless

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Naw, but you could probably drive up and get it. Be a nice trip.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        theres one on detroit clist an albany

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bobw View Post
                          theres one on detroit clist an albany
                          Couldn't find it but thanks for the help, I'm really looking for an HB

                          Could you post the link to it for me. Not sure why i can't get it to come up.

                          Thanks
                          Semper Fi and God Bless

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            go to craigslist detroit search the word freighter its there

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tboehm View Post
                              Couldn't find it but thanks for the help, I'm really looking for an HB

                              Could you post the link to it for me. Not sure why i can't get it to come up.

                              Thanks
                              If all else fails, build one. Building a mold isnt too difficult, and the price will be good. I'd go with West System Epoxy. My family has been using their products since the 80's. I have a design (my own design) that looks part grand laker, and part mi'kmaq canoe. It's always been an initial cost issue trying to get ready to actually build one though.
                              www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
                              sigpic
                              matnaggewinu

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X