Esquif cargo canoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esquif cargo canoe

A friend just bought a 17' esquif cargo canoe, looks like a very nice little freighter.Looks nice and wide and deep, capacity 1100lbs,but was told 1500lbs not out of the question.anyone use one of these canoes?

Their web site specs and photos look like a nice square stern canoe.....I really think 1500 pounds would be a very excessive load. It doesn't appear to have the sturdiness of a real freight canoe like the Scott. The hanging seats don't really add much strength. I didn't see if it had a keel [s] which I prefer for most lake running.

How much do they sell for?

Comment

the sell for about $2000m canadian

Comment

That looks to be a very nice canoe. It's extememly similiar to what I have. What makes that one a better canoe than what I have is that it is made of royalex, and has seats situated to allow the use of a yoke. It will easily handle a moose with no problem. 16 inches is quite a depth for a canoe, and 44 inches is quite the width also. Should be a darn versitle boat, that's for sure! Should manuever alot quicker than mine because it's lacking a stern. Royalex is made for abuse.
        www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
        sigpic
        matnaggewinu

Comment

meant to say keel......not stern. working for 19 hours straight is the blaim for that one! Either that or biting too many lead sinkers onto fishing line.
          www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
          sigpic
          matnaggewinu

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X