Grumman 19’ Production Stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumman 19’ Production Stopped

Grumman 19’ Freighter Canoe 2020 last year of production.
    The 19’ Grumman Canoe is not listed in their 2021 catalog.
    Attached Files

If I recall correctly, they stopped production at least once in the past as well. I as thinking it was a new group that started it back up, but not certain on that. Either way, it was hard to find the versions with the thicker material. The thin ones won't stand up to our use for them, so have to be particular when we find one for sale.

Comment

What was the last year of the thicker ones
      My Freighter dates back to 70’s .
      martathon bought Grumman out several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Bush Hunter View Post
        What was the last year of the thicker ones
        My Freighter dates back to 70’s .
        martathon bought Grumman out several years ago.
        From what I can find, they used the 0.050 thickness from the mid '50s through the early '90s, then switched to the 0.040 thickness until around 2008. They then switched back to 0.050 again for pretty much all of their boats and I think they are still using that currently. So, if you want the tougher models, just make sure to avoid the ones from the early '90's through about 2008. I think it was a case of Marathon thinking they could improve on the time-tested version by making them lighter, then realized it wasn't working and went back to the original specs.

Comment

Thanks
          I figured mine had the thicker hull it’s a original Grumman Canoe. It’s a tank of a canoe and can haul a elephant!

Comment

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X