Bear Mauling at Skilak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Mauling at Skilak

Apparently 2 kayakers were mauled late last night where the Kenai runs into Skilak. They had to paddle all the way to the upper boat launch to call for help at 4 am. Got medivaced.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

How far of a distance is that to paddle.........??? Thanks for the post.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
      Upper Skilak campground to the outlet is about 7 miles of shoreline.

Edit: With the updated info that they were at Hidden Creek; the distance from there to Upper Skilak Campground is about 6.25 miles.
      Last edited by iofthetaiga; 06-13-2021, 18:00.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
        Upper Skilak campground to the outlet is about 7 miles of shoreline.
        Thanks............
        ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

To stay composed enough to get in kayak and paddle out after a mauling is impressive. Glad they made it.

Comment

Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
            To stay composed enough to get in kayak and paddle out after a mauling is impressive. Glad they made it.
            Yea........I have a hard time staying composed enough to remember how to "walk" especially with my bloomers full of brown stinky poopy stuff.

Comment

MORE Information.........2 injured by bear attack at Kenai National Wildlife Refuge (alaskasnewssource.com)

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                <br/><br/>It takes me about 45-60 minutes to motor from the inlet to the upper Skilak campground, I canít imagine paddling it in a kayak after I had been mauled by a bear. Hope they both make full recoveries.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X