Scott HB Transom Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott HB Transom Heights

Does anyone actually know for sure the physical differences between the short and long shaft versions? I contacted Scott/Abitbi but they weren't much help at all.
    Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Sorry mate, never have seen the long tail version. Scott at Kanoe people likely has an idea?

Comment

Mine is the long shaft version but was curious what the differences are. Do you have a shot of your transom, or know what the height is? Want to play with my height a bit.
      Gotten out yet?

Comment

I'm just leaving for a hunt but I will try to photo my friend's low transom and my high transom for you.

While I usually run a 20HP long shaft on my high transom, I have run 8hp short shaft successfully on the high transom.
        Cavitation only happened with WOT full turns.

I ran 19' Grummans for years and I had always raised the transom 3" with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by VernAK View Post
          I'm just leaving for a hunt but I will try to photo my friend's low transom and my high transom for you.

While I usually run a 20HP long shaft on my high transom, I have run 8hp short shaft successfully on the high transom.
          Cavitation only happened with WOT full turns.

I ran 19' Grummans for years and I had always raised the transom 3" with no problem.
          Thanks Vern. Im totally happy with my long shaft Suuzki, works great on the lakes and deeper water. Was thinking that if everything was equal, and performed just as well, a short shaft would be the better choice on the high transom model.

Comment

FYI, heres what a short shaft looks like on the long shaft transom model.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a shot tomorrow.

Comment

My short shaft transom has a 5" cut out.

Also I sold my 20HP a long time ago but you are welcome to borrow my 6 to see how a short shaft works on your boat.
                Last edited by North61; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks for posting that image North. Its good to have this info out there so other folks can see the differences between the two.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Yukoner; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

hello i have not visited the site in a long time but i just got back on here the standards for transom heights were 15" for short shaft and 21" for long shaft i did cut one inch out of a Hudson bay one time i was using an Evinrude 18 hp and it was cavitating by lowering it the problem was solved not ever out board will be the same will be the same i hope this information is of some use if you have any questions i will try to answer them my email is patu2165@gmail.com thank you

Comment

I ran an 8 hp, Yamaha Short Shaft, on mine used a lift with about a foot set back. Was always surprised how far I could raise motor under power the following wave allowed the motoro run without cavitation.

Ran a 20 HP Tohatsu Short Shaft that set on the transom would not run as shallow without the lift. Motor was to heavy for my lift.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X