• Show
Clear All

• nessmuck
    replied
    Wow.....looks like I have to get on board with this ! Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• North61
    replied
    Just extending the tongue on my canoe trailer so I can get the big Scott out of the yard, riding in style.

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    replied
    Originally posted by North61 View Post
    KeelEazy arrived. Put it on...looks good. Will see how tuff it is. Installation video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe93gbzHrFM&t=23s
    It'll be interesting to see if your install method works better than the method I used. My keep strip, I cut short and tucked in behind the Kevlar strip. On all the strips I added an epoxy bumper to protect the lip of the Keeleazy. Your keelson installation seems like a better idea than mine. We''l have to compare notes at the end of the summer.

Leave a comment:

• North61
    replied
    KeelEazy arrived. Put it on...looks good. Will see how tuff it is. Installation video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe93gbzHrFM&t=23s

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    replied
    Its got a slight texture to it. Its pretty hard so its probably a wash. Hopeful this is going to be the solution..

Leave a comment:

• North61
    replied
    They already shipped and gave me a better deal (very reasonable) for shipping to Canada. I'll let you know how it works out. Is the material slippery?

My 20 year old Hudson Bay has quite a few more scratches than yours but it's still going strong. The keels and keelsons take a beating and need to be repaired every three years or so.

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    replied
    Originally posted by North61 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered 20 feet of 3 inch for the main keel and 36 feet of 2 inch strips for the keelsons. I'll post how it works out. Thanks for the tip!
    The 2" worked well for both the keel and the chines/keelsons. I suspect the 3" will work well on the keel. Mine is indeed the Hudson Bay.

Leave a comment:

• North61
    replied
    I went ahead and ordered 20 feet of 3 inch for the main keel and 26 feet of 2 inch strips for the keelsons. I'll post how it works out. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by North61; 05-31-2020, 11:24.

Leave a comment:

• North61
    replied
    Do you think the 3 or 4 inch strips would give better coverage or did the 2" strips work well? Also what size is your Scott again? Is it a Hudson Bay?

Leave a comment:

• VernAK
    replied
    Thanks for the info......it sure looks like the easiest solution to protect my canoe's bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    replied
    Ordered the 2" direct from keeleazy. Bought 41' of the bulk strip. Roughed up the keel and chines with a sanding block, cleaned with 99% Isopropyl. They installed really easy. They are tacky, but not to sticky, so you have lots of time to get them just so. Then you put the heat gun to them, and they stick like limpet to a rock. Once cooled down, they seem pretty tough. I put a bit of epoxy over the starting area just to keep the lip from being exposed.

Leave a comment:

• VernAK
    replied
    I'll have to study that.....looks promising!

Leave a comment:

• Yukoner
    started a topic Keeleazy Strips on a Scott

Keeleazy Strips on a Scott

Just put them on. See how they work

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0707.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2756015

Footer Adsense

Collapse