Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clipper MacSport 18

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clipper MacSport 18

    Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU

  • #2
    Originally posted by North61 View Post
    Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU
    I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lucescoflathead View Post
      I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.
      I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by North61 View Post
        I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.
        I've fished lakes and rivers with mine. Works good with the outboard or a trolling motor (55LB thrust 12 volt) in the electric motors only lakes.

        I had a 4 HP 2 stroke Evinrude on mine before I got the 5 HP. If the 4 HP had reverse, I wouldn't have changed to the 5 HP. You may be suprised if you try the 2.5 HP.

        Comment


        • #5
          Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

          I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

          That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
          these new single cylinder motors.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice video

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll keep my eyes open for an old two stroke twin with low mileage. you never know!


              Originally posted by VernAK View Post
              Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

              I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

              That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
              these new single cylinder motors.

              Comment


              • #8
                Can you stand up in the Clipper.....like you can in the HB ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sure you just have to spread your feet out a little more.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thatís good...when you have to take a leak......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's going to take a bit more balancing but yes it should be all-right to stand up as longs as you are well braced.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey Hey!

                        I make my coffee from that lake!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
                          Fighting gravity is never cheap.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
                            Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
                            The 18 foot MacSport is basically the 20 Ft Mackenzie with 2 feet trimmed off the back end. A full 20 foot sport version would be awesome and probably weight 20-25 pounds more but capable of carrying a literal ton of cargo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nice Clipper and thanks for the video. A 8hp 2 stroke Yamaha @ 57lbs would complement your Clipper. The twin cylinder is smooth with good torque and economy. Hard to find because they are well liked.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X