Clipper MacSport 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper MacSport 18

Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU

Originally posted by North61 View Post
    Always liked this boat. Finally own one. Thought I might share my first impressions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL14XvmEnyU
    I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by lucescoflathead View Post
      I just watched your video. Great review. I run a 5 HP Mercury 4 stroke on mine. Moves it great and has reverse.
      I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.

Comment

Originally posted by North61 View Post
        I have a 2.5 Suzuki but will want at least 5 or 6 on this big canoe. Probably end up getting whatever I can get a good deal on.
        I've fished lakes and rivers with mine. Works good with the outboard or a trolling motor (55LB thrust 12 volt) in the electric motors only lakes.

I had a 4 HP 2 stroke Evinrude on mine before I got the 5 HP. If the 4 HP had reverse, I wouldn't have changed to the 5 HP. You may be suprised if you try the 2.5 HP.

Comment

Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
          these new single cylinder motors.

Comment

Nice video

Comment

I'll keep my eyes open for an old two stroke twin with low mileage. you never know!

Originally posted by VernAK View Post
              Looking good Greg!........you and the boat!

I figured Scott would be gone South at this time. Glad to see he's hanging around to take money yet.

That should be a great combination for your trips. I hope you can find a 6hp that is not as noisy as most of
              these new single cylinder motors.

Comment

Can you stand up in the Clipper.....like you can in the HB ?

Comment

Sure you just have to spread your feet out a little more.....

Comment

Thatís good...when you have to take a leak......

Comment

It's going to take a bit more balancing but yes it should be all-right to stand up as longs as you are well braced.

Comment

Hey Hey!

I make my coffee from that lake!

Comment

Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
                          Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukoner View Post
                            Its too bad Clipper doesn't make a 20' version of the Mac Sport. They have the 20' MacKenzie.... I just like their stern design over the Scott.
                            The 18 foot MacSport is basically the 20 Ft Mackenzie with 2 feet trimmed off the back end. A full 20 foot sport version would be awesome and probably weight 20-25 pounds more but capable of carrying a literal ton of cargo.

Comment

Nice Clipper and thanks for the video. A 8hp 2 stroke Yamaha @ 57lbs would complement your Clipper. The twin cylinder is smooth with good torque and economy. Hard to find because they are well liked.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X