Canoe Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canoe Storage

How do you all store your canoes out in the woods? Seems like moose really like to screw them up when left on the ground. Seen 3 totaled canoes because of them.

Leave it in the water instead of pulling it up on shore.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

moose is one of the problems of living in Alaska with canoes #1 , one way stand it up an tie to to a tree
      # 2 take it home with you put in back yard

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
        Leave it in the water instead of pulling it up on shore.
        I left the canoe out there on the lake for the season. It took a day to pack it in, so I'm not going to take it back out. I made a rack in the trees for it but I'm hoping it is high enough for the moose not to screw it up. Was wondering what everyone else does.

Comment

sawhorses and tarp next to a building or tied to a tree. sawhorses are easy to build and the can be very crude. just get the canoe off the ground and moose will leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by KLK View Post
            Seems like moose really like to screw them up when left on the ground. Seen 3 totaled canoes because of them.
            That sounds like a great new moose baiting technique. Leave a canoe out, setup a blind, and wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fin Chaser View Post
              That sounds like a great new moose baiting technique. Leave a canoe out, setup a blind, and wait.....
              Good one. LOL. I had a medium sized bull maul my archery target last year. Maybe he was getting even for all his brothers I have taken out with my bow over the years.
              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X