First canoe moose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First canoe moose

Finally able to harvest my first moose from my old Grumman. Thanks to all of you who probably unwittingly helped as I frequent the canoe forum and your tips and advice over the last few years has been indispensable. Great adventure for all and looking forward to next year.
    Attached Files

That's awesome!!!!!! Congrats!

Comment

very nice moose, look forward to hearing more!

www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

He was a beautiful animal Mainer--I never cease to marvel at they way they are so wondrously made. Cut the trip short to get him back home as the thought of losing some of the meat was unacceptable in my mind. Could not have asked for an easier transport as I was able to take him on the shore, enlist the help of the others in the party, and have him in the boats and back upstream in less than 2hours.

Comment

PM sent SID roud:

Comment

Congratulations and I hope you get many more moose in the ol Grumman.

Comment

Congrats and hope your adventures bring many more merories.
              Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

My groggy eyes saw "first canoeing Moose", which is something else entirely....
                Nice Moose, and the best thing about Grummans is that the hull keeps your beer really cool
                Fighting gravity is never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Lvnthdrm View Post
                  He was a beautiful animal Mainer--I never cease to marvel at they way they are so wondrously made. Cut the trip short to get him back home as the thought of losing some of the meat was unacceptable in my mind. Could not have asked for an easier transport as I was able to take him on the shore, enlist the help of the others in the party, and have him in the boats and back upstream in less than 2hours.
                  nice to hear, don't forget to share more about your trip when you have a chance. way to get out there, and just get it done! I never cease to marvel at em either. Just had fresh moose streaks for breakfast, still not hungry late into the evening.
                  www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

harvesting one of these critters makes for a lifetime of stories, and many meals for so many people... do more predator control... we need more stories!!

Comment

G'day from Australia and congrats on your moose. Would love to read how all this took place and see more pics.

Regards
                      Grumpyoldman
                      aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X