No announcement yet.

Bering Sea West Alaska Coastline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did this adventure ever get made into any kind of documentary? I think he was too busy paddling to take many pics. Amazing accomplishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeaV View Post
      Hello all, I have been reading this forum for a year now looking for pointers for a big upcoming trip I'm doing this year, but this is my first post. As part of my 5000 mile canoe trip, I will be paddling from the mouth of the Yukon River south to the Kvichak River along the west coast. About the only information I have found for this area is from topographic and google earth maps. I can see that much of the terrain is low ground and the rivers are probably subject to tidal surges. My question is what to expect for finding drinkable water along the way? Are the rivers and ponds/lakes near the coast brackish?

Thanks, BeaV

ps If my question seems naive, it's because I'm from Minnesota and know little of oceans and tides.
      Are you sure you are really ready for such a trip? Without experience, this can be extremely dangerous, and the northern seas are not as calm as we would like.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaybur View Post
        <br/><br/>Are you sure you are really ready for such a trip? Without experience, this can be extremely dangerous, and the northern seas are not as calm as we would like.
        <br/><br/>He completed this trip 6 or 7 years ago. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X