Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help planning trip!!

Hi!
    Im planning on doing a trip to Alaska in July with a couple of friends.
    We have been looking into the alatna river as an alternative but would prefer level III rapids and better fishing.
    Does anyone have any suggestions of rivers that can meet these criteria?
    - Solitude
    - Level III rapids
    - around 5-10 days
    - good fishing
    - good trekking possibilities (like the arrigetch peaks etc. )
    - beautiful scenery =)

I would really appreciate your help ASAP!!!

/Mikael

Chilikadrotna, maybe. As for solitude, that's the luck of the draw. Some of the rivers on the North Slope might work: Canning, etc. What type of craft?
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Wow the Chilikadrotna River seems amazing! Do you have more information about the river? and can you recommend any company that can fly us out there and rent out SOAR inflatables?

Thank you for your post!

/Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by adder85 View Post
        Wow the Chilikadrotna River seems amazing! Do you have more information about the river? and can you recommend any company that can fly us out there and rent out SOAR inflatables?

Thank you for your post!

/Mikael
        I have no personal experience and can't make a recommendation, but a google search should turn up some names. Shoot some emails out and see what you come up with.
        "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

The Chili is a good float. Be alert on it as there is a fair amount of wood in the water. As far as air taxi's, my first call would be to Illiamna Air Service, they may have a line on rentals. As to being SOAR specific? Good luck.
          “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
          "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Do you guys know that you're in the canoing forum?

can you recommend any company that can fly us out there and rent out SOAR inflatables
            You're likely to get a lot better spot-on help over here, adder85:
            http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Alaska-Rafting

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
              You're likely to get a lot better spot-on help over here, adder85:
              http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Alaska-Rafting
              ..can you recommend any company that can fly us out there and rent out SOAR inflatables?

Thank you for your post!

/Mikael
              SOAR's are canoes.

http://soar1.com/about.htm

Mikael, you might contact Larry Bartlett, he's a member on these boards and is the guru of inflatable canoes in Alaska.
              “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
              "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X