No announcement yet.

Fuel issue - Need a Mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might save yourself the headache, and grab a marine edelbrock 750 cfm and an appropriate intake manifold of the same manufacture:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...s/marine.shtml

I wouldn't wish a holley carb on my worst enemy.
    www.freightercanoes.com

Comment

Ak grumpy,
      I tossed my Holly last year for the Edelbroch 800 cfm and am pleased with the results.

How is she doing this morning?
      BK

Originally posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
      might save yourself the headache, and grab a marine edelbrock 750 cfm and an appropriate intake manifold of the same manufacture:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...s/marine.shtml

I wouldn't wish a holley carb on my worst enemy.
      BK Marine Services 232-6399
      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Call the guys here at the Carb Shop on Rosewood st.... 561-2272...
        2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
        26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
        20' Alumatech Airboat
        EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Comment

I didn't even try this morning. Had a couple otherthings I needed to do. Going to take it to someone tomorrow and see if he can figure it out. If not then I will look into other options, which could include of replacing the carb. Did Skip do the swap out for you?

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
          Ak grumpy,
          I tossed my Holly last year for the Edelbroch 800 cfm and am pleased with the results.

How is she doing this morning?
          BK

Comment

I really think your issue is water in the system. Remove carb, remove top and clean thourghly, a few drops in the bottom makes a difference. Be sure and check fuel tank again, a little water is easy to no drain out of it. Water does not mix with gas, water goes to the bottom and gets sucked up first. This is all easy stuff, just takes a little time, and will save you the expensive new carb. Water does not hurt a carb, just need to get rid of the water, be sure and double check fuel filter also. Bud
            Wasilla

Comment

Originally posted by AkGrumpy View Post
              I didn't even try this morning. Had a couple otherthings I needed to do. Going to take it to someone tomorrow and see if he can figure it out. If not then I will look into other options, which could include of replacing the carb. Did Skip do the swap out for you?
              AKgrumpy,
              No, the swap is extremely EASY. Even I can understand how to adjust and keep this thing tuned up. Takes about 10 min. to swap out, videos on the web frem Edelbroch make it simple to adjust and understand.
              Cost was around $400- on-line.
              BK
              BK Marine Services 232-6399
              Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
              Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
              Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I'm Reading your posts and if you got questions fell free to call, sounds like your getting lots of help. Does your airboat have a raycor filter on it. If not its a good investment, You can look and see any water in the bottom of it and drain it out. If you have a filter check it and see it you have water in it drain it out and add heet in the red bottle and the will get you going unless you have a lot of water in your tank. If thats the case I would figure out away to get it drained. Call me if you got question. 907.322.3291

Comment

I had the exact same problem with the ocean boat. Tried everything new carb, drained the fuel tank and dried it for days, drained the fuel lines, added water separator, new fuel filters and finally found out it had a vacuum leak. Fixed that and no more problems. A little 2 dollar gasket cost hundreds before it was found and fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by redale View Post
                    I had the exact same problem with the ocean boat. Tried everything new carb, drained the fuel tank and dried it for days, drained the fuel lines, added water separator, new fuel filters and finally found out it had a vacuum leak. Fixed that and no more problems. A little 2 dollar gasket cost hundreds before it was found and fixed.
                    Redale, i sending you a PM the other day but you box is full.

Comment

Skip, imp, I changed out my raycor and put on a Yamaha fuel/water filter. I did pull it off on Tuesday and dumped it. There was a couple tablespoons of water in it. Filled the filter with Sea Foam and cranked the engine and let it run for an hour.. Runs great after I get it started, just won't start without help. Now it is raining non stop and no place inside to work on it.

Originally posted by skip olsen View Post
                      I'm Reading your posts and if you got questions fell free to call, sounds like your getting lots of help. Does your airboat have a raycor filter on it. If not its a good investment, You can look and see any water in the bottom of it and drain it out. If you have a filter check it and see it you have water in it drain it out and add heet in the red bottle and the will get you going unless you have a lot of water in your tank. If thats the case I would figure out away to get it drained. Call me if you got question. 907.322.3291

Comment

Is your motor feul injected or carb, Might want to see if you have mosture in dist cap

Comment

AkGrumpy, It's empty now. Would love to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by AkGrumpy View Post
                            I changed out my raycor and put on a Yamaha fuel/water filter. I did pull it off on Tuesday and dumped it. There was a couple tablespoons of water in it..
                            That tell me you still have water in the fuel tank.

You have to get all the water out or you will continue to be plague with problems. Depending on the tank you may have to pull the tank or figure out a way to insure there is no water left.

Comment

AkGrumpy, Sent you a PM.

Comment

Rebuilding the carb today. The water issue just showed us that there was already a carb issue. I knew of some of the carb issues but not all. I will know by this evening if this fixes the problem. And after the hour plus running earlier this week, I pulled the filter and no water in filter.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X