Thread: My luck or Bronco luck

Default My luck or Bronco luck

So my buddy Broncoformudv and I went out this past weekend to try to get him a bear, so we head out to one of the stands around 2230 or so… We get situated and somewhat comfortable, soon after Bronco leg goes to sleep. So he stands up and he tells me not to move there is a bear behind us, it is standing on its haunches sniffing the air after awhile it drops down onto all fours and wanders into the bait site. So I hand him his rifle but Bronco decides to shoot it with a pistol. Well the Bear gets up to our barrel I pull the calculator out and remember the barrel dimension 36x48 divided by 24 carry the 2 over and then multiply that by the diameter of the tree next to the barrel which is 48 width x times height which is 100 feet whoola 5.5 foot tall black bear. Well he shoots it and it runs about 20 yds and he shoots again and it goes up the hill, I caught a glimpse of it but lose sight of it asa it goes through the trees. So we climb out of the stand to go look for his dead bear. So we split up and all I could think about were the many polls on this forum about adequate bear guns to stop a charging bear either black or brown considering we were in Grizzly country. So I was thinking is my 338 adequate all the experts say 375H&H is the minimum… Man I started sweating mouth was going dry whew what’s going on here I know I’m tracking a wounded Bear but wow this crazy then I remembered I had some water so I took a drink end of my dry mouth… SO as I was wandering slowly looking for this bear my knee gives out what the heck man it hurts too. I limp back to the stand and let bronco know my knee is killing me, he handed me some Motrin and I tough it out for the night. Come Monday I head to the doc and he tells me the bad news I tore my meniscus man this sucks so now I’m, wondering how man how long will I be in recovery on this one 2 month s, a year, ??? Anyhow later on we found were the bullet hit so it was a clean miss… So I run out of water as we are walking or I shoudl say as I'm limping back to the truck I see a creek water looks clean should be we are in Alaska the last frontier so I put my bottle in the fill it up and take a swig of the fresh mountain water... So not only did I mess my knee up I have Giridia and I'm on qtrs for a week this really sucks I can't run to the bathroom due to my bum knee That was the end of our bear hunting weekend…

Heck man I'll give you hug.Your buddy owes you one too.

Glad everyone made it home in one piece. The Tijuana Two Step ain't any fun ! A couple of weeks will see you through the squirts the knee will take much longer. Get well soon.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Sorry man but that was funny. I've torn my meniscus, shot a bear with a pistol, got girardia but never all at the same time. Of course I didn't miss the bear but certainly didn't bang flop it and ended up tracking it. Good thing I had a water bottle along.

Good luck and with a solid ortho surgeon you'll be just fine and hunting again.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    So my buddy Broncoformudv and I went out this past weekend to try to get him a bear, so we head out to one of the stands around 2230 or so… We get situated and somewhat comfortable, soon after Bronco leg goes to sleep. So he stands up and he tells me not to move there is a bear behind us, it is standing on its haunches sniffing the air after awhile it drops down onto all fours and wanders into the bait site. So I hand him his rifle but Bronco decides to shoot it with a pistol. Well the Bear gets up to our barrel I pull the calculator out and remember the barrel dimension 36x48 divided by 24 carry the 2 over and then multiply that by the diameter of the tree next to the barrel which is 48 width x times height which is 100 feet whoola 5.5 foot tall black bear. Well he shoots it and it runs about 20 yds and he shoots again and it goes up the hill, I caught a glimpse of it but lose sight of it asa it goes through the trees. So we climb out of the stand to go look for his dead bear. So we split up and all I could think about were the many polls on this forum about adequate bear guns to stop a charging bear either black or brown considering we were in Grizzly country. So I was thinking is my 338 adequate all the experts say 375H&H is the minimum… Man I started sweating mouth was going dry whew what’s going on here I know I’m tracking a wounded Bear but wow this crazy then I remembered I had some water so I took a drink end of my dry mouth… SO as I was wandering slowly looking for this bear my knee gives out what the heck man it hurts too. I limp back to the stand and let bronco know my knee is killing me, he handed me some Motrin and I tough it out for the night. Come Monday I head to the doc and he tells me the bad news I tore my meniscus man this sucks so now I’m, wondering how man how long will I be in recovery on this one 2 month s, a year, ??? Anyhow later on we found were the bullet hit so it was a clean miss… So I run out of water as we are walking or I shoudl say as I'm limping back to the truck I see a creek water looks clean should be we are in Alaska the last frontier so I put my bottle in the fill it up and take a swig of the fresh mountain water... So not only did I mess my knee up I have Giridia and I'm on qtrs for a week this really sucks I can't run to the bathroom due to my bum knee That was the end of our bear hunting weekend…

Sounds like the beginings of an Alaskan Country song.....replace "momma" with "black bear", "beer" with "motrin", and "prison" with "meniscus tear" and you'll be on your way to country stardom...

Sounds like a crappy trip (pun intended)....sorry to hear it, but then again: "No pain, No gain"...ya gotta have a bad trip once in a while to even out all the great ones!!!

I think it might be best to just end it all! You are a mess!! Was bronco the only one that missed???

No I missed as well considering most of it is made up except for us missing lol I thought I combine the most asked question into a hunting story but bronco and I did miss a bear

It had a lot of drama! I think we are ready for a reality hunting show!! Red neck bear baiting!!