Thread: front shock? what are my choices?

chugiak, ak

Default front shock? what are my choices?

Well I have 2003 specialized FSR and the guys at the bike shop (sunshine) sayI need a new shock, they can't get parts for the one I have. What are my options? The shock thats one there is the one that came with the bike. I don't want to break the bank, but I also know you get what ya pay for. I would say I am I am a moderate rider(towards the agressive side my wife says) and want something that is low maintnance, but can handle what I throw at it. what do you all think?

Eagle River, AK

I worked at Sunshine for a few years. If you're talking to Joe or Terry, you can certainly trust what they're telling you. As for me, I mainly sold skis, so I am no expert on bikes. I have a Marin Mt. Vision, and it came with a Fox shock in the front. I don't know the particulars, but it rides like a dream and is very low maintainance.

Default I like

I like my Manitou Axel just fine, however opinions vary. I'm not a downhill rider and I'm not that aggressive.

This website has lots of review for lots of shocks, check it out.

Hope that helps some.

Eagle River/ Juneau

check out or I'd look into something with at least as much travel of your rear suspension. Its been a while since I've been up to date with bike parts
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.