Thread: Good places to fish in the Naknek area

Default Good places to fish in the Naknek area

So I am out here in the Bay with a few days to get around. Went and tried King Salmon creek but its still a little early for the fish to drop down that far. Anyone know of any other good places to hit in June? I am planning on hitting up upper Naknek here in the next couple of days. But have never been up there.

well there's the Naknek, Pike Lakes, Naknek Lake and flyout places.... you really need a boat though to fish anything, just follow the guides
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    just follow the guides

Yeah, I am sure they love that sort of thing.

Maybe you could just throw a rope and have them tow you where they go
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You can drive and fish some areas of Lake Camp and Rapids Camp as well as around FAA rock. A boat is better but not a 100 percent requirement to accomplish fishing on the Nak. Check the tide charts fish the first two hours prior through high tide you will find that fishing can be exceptable ( don't be a super hero and wade deep as the tide is coming it). Yes you will be limited in your ability to target better fishing place such as floating form Lake Camp to Rapids camp however there is fishing to be had. There use to be a public use dock down town King Salmon don't know if it is still there. Some respectable Bows use to be taken off it. Beware of bears is the best advise if your trecking out and about those littel pockets of trees hold and hide them well.

Best wishes!

BMR

hey FF how long are you there? I'm flying in monday
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thanks for the info Blue Moose! I havent been able to make it up there and fish yet but am going to try and get away here one morning and fish from Lake Camp down on foot. I also I havent been able to make it back to King Salmon creek but I am hoping to here in the next day or two. I did bring my 7wt spey rod so getting out on more water shouldnt be too hard and I also brought my single hand 4wt weight for the Dinkers on King Salmon Creek! I did bring my Colt Anaconda as well, just in case those brown furry fellas wanna get frisky! Tight lines fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Yeah, I am sure they love that sort of thing.

Maybe you could just throw a rope and have them tow you where they go
    Now that is funny right there
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Dude!Head into either the Kodiak Western Tavern, King Ko Inn, or Eddies bar and you'll eventually hook up with some local characters to take you fishing. You really need wheels, boats, or planes to fish anywhere aroung there; King Salmon Creek is defiantely a worthy alternative though...If you got the wheels, head up to Lake Camp and fish the outlet run along the shoreline... or alpaca float to Rapids Camp. Glad to hear you got your two-hander with ya out there.Good luck!