Thread: do you remember when ...

Default do you remember when ...

do you remember when this web-forum was divided into 2 or 3 sections ... hunting, fishing, general.

now it's like 'umpteen' different sections. that wouldn't be so bad but the mod's relocate topics and then you can't go back and read what others posted unless you search the umpteen different sections.

i liked it better when it was simple ... hunting or fishing. it's become more like congress ... making more laws and regulations because the 100,000 laws on the books aren't enough for the 'police state' ... am i the only one who struggles with the 'vastness' of this site these days?

(i'm sure the mods will relocate this to the cooking section or something like that).
    Last edited by Truenorthed; 06-08-2011 at 23:30. Reason: error

I like them better that way.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    do you remember when this web-forum was divided into 2 or 3 sections ... hunting, fishing, general.

now it's like 'umpteen' different sections. that wouldn't be so bad but the mod's relocate topics and then you can't go back and read what others posted unless you search the umpteen different sections.

i liked it better when it was simple ... hunting or fishing. it's become more like congress ... making more laws and regulations because the 100,000 laws on the books aren't enough for the 'police state' ... am i the only one who struggles with the 'vastness' of this site these days?

(i'm sure the mods will relocate this to the cooking section or something like that).
    Simple solution. Just click on the link for "New Posts" on the upper left. This will show all threads that have any new posts since the last time you read them. You don't have to skim through each and every other thread that you may have already read to find if anything new has been posted yet.

click$ are what matter$
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I couldn't agree more with every word! Back in about 2004 there were 4 forums, hunting, fishing, ATVs, and shooting. This was when the site had the old corkboard colored background and there was no way to post pics or send PMs. So the site has come a long ways in terms of user friendly features, although there are more forums than I personaly care to peruse.

Luckily this place isnt one with a forum for every gun manufacturer in existance and a forum for every critter God has created.
    Last edited by 379 Peterbilt; 06-09-2011 at 09:33. Reason: tiepoz

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    click$ are what matter$
    No, that's not the case. Yes, this is a business, but the vast majority of our expansion has been in response to member requests. We get requests for new forums on at least a weekly basis, if not more often. Where there is a lot of requests and what seems like a legitimate need, we respond by creating more forums.

If all folks are interested in is hunting and fishing, that's fine - they can just focus on those forums. A number of us also like the other forums because we can have discussions on other topics related to the Alaskan outdoors. As for the specialized hunting and fishing forums, as we've grown, it helps to have things divided out so that discussions don't so quickly get lost multiple pages down the line. Having a saltwater and a freshwater fishing page, for example, helps keep more discussions near the top of the page for a bit longer, thus making the threads easier to find and stronger.

We can't make everyone happy - I know that - but the growth has been in response to our members, not in pursuit of a buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tkDOQ77wk

... and knickers to your knees
    awww do you remember these?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Constant change is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    No, that's not the case. Yes, this is a business, but the vast majority of our expansion has been in response to member requests. We get requests for new forums on at least a weekly basis, if not more often. Where there is a lot of requests and what seems like a legitimate need, we respond by creating more forums.

If all folks are interested in is hunting and fishing, that's fine - they can just focus on those forums. A number of us also like the other forums because we can have discussions on other topics related to the Alaskan outdoors. As for the specialized hunting and fishing forums, as we've grown, it helps to have things divided out so that discussions don't so quickly get lost multiple pages down the line. Having a saltwater and a freshwater fishing page, for example, helps keep more discussions near the top of the page for a bit longer, thus making the threads easier to find and stronger.

We can't make everyone happy - I know that - but the growth has been in response to our members, not in pursuit of a buck.
    What's good for M & M Enterprises will be good for the country.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

""What's good for M & M Enterprises will be good for the country. ""

~~LOL!!~~ Now I remember you 'Milo', and why theres no parachutes in the planes of AK........~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Wink

at least somebody got it LOL