Thread: Scout troop needs a little help

Default Scout troop needs a little help

Kenai Peninsula Canoe owners..
    Hey folks, I have a big group of boy scouts that contacted me about getting canoes in July ( 5th of july to the 10th) for a kenai national wildlife refuge trip.
    seems the Alaska council boy scout canoes are already taken during that time, It was a mess up by those that do the scheduling I guess, and these guys are the ones that did not get them.
    They want to do a 5 night trip, and I am donating what canoes I have available during the time they need them, but I do not have enough for the whole group.
    July is also my busy time and I have most of my canoes already spoken for during their visit..
    I told them that I would check with the folks on the forum that live on the Kenai peninsula about renting some canoes from the members.
    As all scout troops are always on tight budgets, I told him that I may find some canoes and the cost would be $20 per night or $100 for each canoe.
    So if any of you have any worthy canoes, and would like to fetch $100 and still help out a scout troop, please let me know.
    they will be portaging the canoes and will promise to return them in the same condition as they took them.
    They are very happy to rent the canoes. I am willing to come pick up your canoe and bring it back. I will also guarantee that it will be in same condition upon return.
    Please PM me if you can
    Thank you so very much,
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Is this a local group of Scouts? I have 2 they can borrow for the trip, one is rather old and heavy they may be sorry they have it when it comes time to portage, but they're welcome to them.

We can work out details for getting them to you when it gets closer, I'm just a couple of miles behind you on the loop.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

If they are coming from Anchorage and have someone or know someone that is in the military they could try to rent some from the Outdoor Adventure Program on Elmendorf or rent some at Fort Richardson's MWR. Be pretty affordable too.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

APU in anchorage has some rentals if they call Mark and talk with him I am sure he would give them a good deal.

These are not local scouts. they are from Texas.
    they do not have a canoe trailer to haul canoes from Anchorage, just the van they are renting.
    Thank you all for your offers.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Max,
    I have an Old Town, I think 14ft Guide model, a smaller canoe in decent condition they'd be welcome to use at no cost.
    Shoot me PM or email if this will help.
    Dwight/Eagle River.