Thread: LEGAL or NOT

Default LEGAL or NOT

I have a registered and street legal ATV, it has license plates and is driven on the road daily. It has lights, turn signals, horn and any thing a regular cycle does. If I bring it to AK will it be legal to ride on the streets. It will keep up with traffic, promise.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Good question. Try these guys.

http://www.state.ak.us/dmv/

In my experience small towns really do not care, and it is somewhat expected. In larger towns like Anchorage, Palmer, Wasilla, and other outlying cities it is a big no no. Though outside of Anchorage some areas allow atv's to be used off to the side of the streets. In Big Lake I would drive along side the road to the gas station to fill up.

I doubt your setup will make a difference. You are either allowed to drive on the road or not.

You'd last about 5 minutes in Anchorage. Then you'd just be a greasy spot on the road. There are some real weirds cats on the road in Anchortown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    You'd last about 5 minutes in Anchorage. Then you'd just be a greasy spot on the road. There are some real weirds cats on the road in Anchortown.

I, without a doubt, second that!

Default Ok

I don't live in Los Anchorage, I live in Fox north of Fairbanks.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

No, they are not street legal anywhere in Alaska. Some jurisdictions allow them to run on the shoulders and off road, but nowhere is it legal to run them in traffic. Some places, such as Fairbanks, Tok, Fox, etc., you can run them as stated to gas stations or stores, but you must keep them off the roadways.
    Also, check the DMV website for atv information.

I third that about Anchorage. These folks are nuts behind the wheel down here!!!!!
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

I third that about Anchorage. These folks are nuts behind the wheel down here!!!!!
    No joke, some lady was driving slower than a snail in front of me one day. When I passed her she had a TV dinner in her lap, a news paper on the steering wheel and she was putting on make-up. Talk about multi tasking..........

I was pulled over by a trooper in Anderson during their blue grass festival a few years back. Driving up and down the road on my atv was not a problem with him but the three other people sitting on the machine was.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    No joke, some lady was driving slower than a snail in front of me one day. When I passed her she had a TV dinner in her lap, a news paper on the steering wheel and she was putting on make-up. Talk about multi tasking..........
    I don't know what it is, but lots of folks in the Anchorage area like to read while driving.