Thread: Winchester ammo warning

Default Winchester ammo warning

Hey, to those of you (if there is any) who shoot the 32 special, I have found out that, its not your gun that is the problem, if your shooting winchester ammo, it is dumpy,

It is actually .318, NOT .323, a theory is when winchester bought the dies for the 32 special, they bought 8mm dies, wich, when they bought them, they were .318 then, right after that, they changed to .323, but winchester didn't want to spend more money on it so they are manufacturing .318 caliber bullets wich tumble down the barrel.....figures.

I was holding around 30 inch groups with the winchester ammo at 75 yards, I switched to federal (a couple bucks more per box) and was getting those satasfying 1 inch groups again at 50 yards, and I could hit a 6 inch target every shot at 150 yards with open sights.

Can't get much better than that.

Only a heads up, I don't know if they have done similar things with other bullets, but keep an eye on em.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You might try the new LeverEvolution by Hornady. I don't know if anyone up here carries it, but Gander Mountain does. .32 Special is a classic.

Whoa! I didn't know the made leverevolution for the 32 special! I was gonna get em for dads 30-30, but I can't find any up here.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.