Thread: Humidity level in greenhouse - too high?

At the end of the cul-de-sac

Default Humidity level in greenhouse - too high?

We did not go out to the greenhouse yesterday, but my wife went in today. She noticed that on about half of the plants - all on one side of the greenhouse - there's a bit of white fuz/mold growing on the soil. She also noticed on the inside roof a good amount of moisture. Seems to make sense - inside the hothouse, watering plants regularly, moisture evaporates and hits ceiling with nowhere to go. The temp gauge has a humidity reading - 48%. Is this high? Too high? Any thoughts on preventing the mold? Continue to water the plants, but go in daily and wipe the ceiling off?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Down wind of 2 Glaciers

Are you moving air? Fans, Vents?

Alaska, Mat valley

No big deal.
    Mine does that all the time. I put a thin layer of sand on top of the soil to help it stay dry & not grow so much mold, moss is ok, mold will get on dead parts of plants & over time, especially in the fall lots of mold (because it's cooler). I remove any broken leaves, old blooms etc, they mold quick. Just keep the plants healthy & you should be fine.
    Water less on cloudy days, plants are not using as much water.
    Like a rainforest in there sometimes, plant do well there as long as they are healthy.
    The other day it was raining in the GH from all the condensation on the inside.

I run a small air circulation fan to help keep the plants dry.
    Best thing to get the moisture out is a good sunny day.
    Running the ventilation fan helps allot pulling in fresh air & exhausting the moist air. If it's above 55 outside, i do that if it's been a few days with no sun to dry it out.