Thread: Fishing Guides in Homer, AK

Default Fishing Guides in Homer, AK

My family and I will be going to Homer AK in July. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable fishing guide for deep sea fishing for salmon, yellow fin, yellow eye, etc. We are from Texas and any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are no yellow fin tuna in Alaskan waters. Depending on what time in July you arrive, you might be too early for silver salmon. Most charters out of Homer target just halibut, honestly I'd look at Seward if your primary interest is salmon and rockfish.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com/index.htm Not actually in Homer but will fish out of there or Anchor River (30 minute drive from Homer). The only problem you might have with him is that he is probably booked up, but never hurts to check.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Try Silver Fox Charters!! Great guys and better fishermen, and if they are full they will lead you to only top charters! Silver Fox does fish for Halibut, Lingcod, rock fish and Salmon. In Homer most good charters fish for all species!! I hope you have a great trip.

Thank you so much!

Thank you for the information! I will call them today.