Thread: Wooldridge Alaskan problems

Default Wooldridge Alaskan problems

Wooldridge Alaskan with the headlight option. They overheat the self resetting fuse in a couple minutes. Do these get weak over time or is there another problem?

The seats are getting wear marks where they hit the top brackets. It appears that the seats are mounted too close. Anyone else have this problem?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

dirtofak, on the head lights the breaker should be 20 amp's. if it is then it may be weak and need to be replaced. the seats we use are Bentley seats and they have always made the uph full were it pushes against the hinges. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Wooldridge Alaskan with the headlight option. They overheat the self resetting fuse in a couple minutes. Do these get weak over time or is there another problem?

The seats are getting wear marks where they hit the top brackets. It appears that the seats are mounted too close. Anyone else have this problem?

Can't help on the seats but, if the breaker keeps tripping and it is the correct rating there likely is a weak connection at the breaker, bulb/s or switch, or damaged wire creating heat/resistance. If you can anticipate approx. when that breaker is going to trip, feel around those areas just before you think it is going to shut down, check for heat, discoloration and stiff/rigid wiring.

I often find this same problem on vehicles at the bulb connector, even though brand new the terminals are sometimes not formed tight enough and allow heat/resistance to occur causing ultimate failure of the bulb, melting of the connector and crispy wiring.

There could be several problems causing the circuit breaker to trip, I would take Glen advice, or if you had a friend that had a amp meter measure the draw to find out what the problem is. If you canít fine one I could help you.