Thread: Run timing

Default Run timing

I know you guys are gonna kill me for this, but I couldn't find it when I searched...

What are the current theories as to run timing from Miles lake sonar to Chitina? I think I remember hearing both 10 and 14 day times?

Yep, depends on who you ask, what run it is, water level....there are a lot of factors. I try to find a stretch of several days of strong returns at Miles Lake, then go somewhere in the middle of the pack which covers both 10 and 14-day theories.

"Salmon travel time upriver is affected by many complex factors, including how high the river is, how far into the season it is, and the unique behavior of each particular group of salmon. Travel times can vary from 1 to 3 weeks or more"

OK - so when is that big slug of the 40K + going to come through or is this last couple days of "finominal" reflecting that they have come and gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    OK - so when is that big slug of the 40K + going to come through or is this last couple days of "finominal" reflecting that they have come and gone?
    Not sure where the big slug is...sounds like it's at least part way through. If I get out fishing tomorrow I'll be hitting the 10-14 day mark of all of the big days, so I'll be testing both the 10 day and the 14-day theory. Hopefully one, the other, or both will be right and I'll have "finominal" fishing.