Thread: Advantage arms Conversion kit for Glock

Default Advantage arms Conversion kit for Glock

I tested out my newley aquired Advantage arms conversion Kit for my G20.

First off its a very nice kit. The case it comes in is nice, the fit and finish on the slide and barrel is great. The sights are adjustable, but other than that copy the glock sights very well. The magazines fit good and seem very sturdy.

I just used some old UMC 22 high velocity rounds I had laying around.

The gun functioned great and accuracy was pretty good. I just shot offhand at about 15-20 yards. I shot 100 rounds.

Hopefully soon I can get out for a good range session, dial it in and try out some different kinds of ammo.

For right now I'd say 350 dollars well spent!

Good news! That $350 is kinda a hard pill to swallow...but if you are really serious about cheaper training with it...it'd pay off I guess. Same trigger pull and if you wanted to mirror your sight picture on your carry piece it would really be mirroring your louder/heavier recoiling twin...

Well 300 more rounds downrange with it today. I tried remington golden bullets with and without the hollow points. So far those old UMC rounds have been the best accuracy wise. But 400 rounds so far without cleaning and no hangups yet. Got to get some more ammo and see if I can shoot a few targets worth taken a picture of! So far I would feel confident in taking small game with body shots at 20 yards. Getting about 3 to 5 inch groups (10 shots) at that distance off hand.

The only bummer and its a common one with semi autos is the first shot flyer. Mine is pretty bad. It is low and to the left on the first shot.

Good to hear about ammo working that is not on the list. I have been wanting to try to the CCI mini mags. Just gotta find time is all! I found I shoot better with the green fiber optic front sight. Easier for my eyes than just white dot. Have not found a green rear that is adjustable. I have not killed anything far out yet with it, but a fox and couple bunnies in close did good! Just cool to carry gun year round and it has a purpose. Great popping off random shots, really helps with shooting the fullhouse 10mm loads.

Well I didnt get any pics, but was able to get 2 grouse with 3 shots with the 22 kit. I was able to get real close,like 10 yards and got headshots. that kit is real handy.Worked out just like I thought it would. Saw the grouse, pulled the slide out of my pocket, and within a minute I had a 22 ready to rock. Granted I would have been able to do the headshots for sure with the 10mm barrel, but It was nice making less noise and not burning up my 10mm ammo supply I had with me.

I was out bear hunting and never even thought to check regs about spruce hens. Never even thought to bring .22 slide. Should have done both, seen birds! Oh well, gotta get mind set that fall is here. Going to take kit caribou hunting for sure! My buddy wants to do a Glock 20-22lr only bunny hunt this winter. He unloaded mag after mag last year with mine and never hit anything, which I think that trip I only hit one with my shotty. Something fun to do and I always shoot better at real targets than paper. Good shooting on those head shots!

Gonna test mine on birdies next weekend...by the way no hiccups with the 22 kit so far.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Took a porcupine last weekend with mine. Last year was fox and finshing kill shot on snowshoe hare. Great kits if and when you can find them. Makes any glock just that much better!

Got my first spruce hen with the G29 converted...cool little sucker...no recoil and the trigger work makes it one smooth little pistol.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Got my first spruce hen with the G29 converted...cool little sucker...no recoil and the trigger work makes it one smooth little pistol.
    Awesome man! A buddy and I are gonna bag some caribou with ours! Just gotta keep them clean, that little piece that connects to bbl is pain in that little slide area, mine gunks up pretty bad. Still works when it does, just sometimes won't cycle a new round, fire on an empty chamber.

You guys got me thinking I need a conversion for my G20. I cut the grip down to use G29 mags and makes for a nice carry gun with the shorter grip and the light 22LR slide would make for a neat little gun. Carry both slides and mags and you have two guns on the trail.

I have the conversion for the G17/22 and it works great with mini-mags but I'm not sure about 25 yd head shots with that one.

Are you folks using the fixed sight or adjustable model?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    You guys got me thinking I need a conversion for my G20. I cut the grip down to use G29 mags and makes for a nice carry gun with the shorter grip and the light 22LR slide would make for a neat little gun. Carry both slides and mags and you have two guns on the trail.

I have the conversion for the G17/22 and it works great with mini-mags but I'm not sure about 25 yd head shots with that one.

Are you folks using the fixed sight or adjustable model?
    Adjustable sights, nice looking slide and can mimick your full house version. I put a green fiber optic on the front. Spare mags are hard to find also. LWD usually has them, especially when they get the kits in. Kits are not listed on their website anymore. First come first served dealers and such. Yes they are more expensive, but available and I sell them for what I have into them, spare mags are a must.

Funny...I use a spacer, G20 mag, and a 5" barrel to make mine full-size when needed. lol I do agree that it makes for a mean carry pistol...not much it`s size can put as much heat down-range.

The (adjustable sight) kit on the 29 is amazingly accurate for a sub-4" barrel. I need to bench it to see how tight it can make a pattern but am shooting 3" at 10 meters off-hand now.

I second the extra mag thing...btw Chris, if you get another I`ll take it.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Funny...I use a spacer, G20 mag, and a 5" barrel to make mine full-size when needed. lol I do agree that it makes for a mean carry pistol...not much it`s size can put as much heat down-range.

The (adjustable sight) kit on the 29 is amazingly accurate for a sub-4" barrel. I need to bench it to see how tight it can make a pattern but am shooting 3" at 10 meters off-hand now.

I second the extra mag thing...btw Chris, if you get another I`ll take it.
    I have one actually. Will get with ya later man. Good shooting, wackem and stackem!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I have one actually. Will get with ya later man. Good shooting, wackem and stackem!
    Sweet Great, now I`ll be running around with 3 of each and weighing about 15 more pounds.

Heavy Hitter Fishing