Thread: Team KeenEye "secret" fish chant (video too)

Default Team KeenEye "secret" fish chant (video too)

No secret sauce needed on my boat... the secret is in the chant. Happy kids echoing this chant will put fish in the boat... well, most of the time anyway. This is a variation of a popular kid's chant that starts out with the line "Da moose, da moose". Here's the Team eyeFISH Jr League version:

Da feesh, da feesh!..... (Echo) Da feesh, da feesh!
    Swimming in da watah..... Swimming in da watah
    Eating his suppah..... Eating his suppah
    Where did he go?..... Where did he go?
    We need a bite..... We need a bite
    We need a bite, mahn!..... We need a bite, mahn!

Da feesh, da feesh!..... Da feesh, da feesh!
    DOWN goes the rod!..... DOWN goes the rod!
    We gotta bite!..... We gotta bite!
    We gotta bite, mahn!..... We gotta bite, mahn!

Have a little fun and try it.

_________

Had a group of guys out trolling for estuary salmon 6 years ago. We had a hot morning bite, but by the noon hour, things were starting to slow again. After about an hour of emptiness on a LONG downhill troll, I decided it was time to break out the secret weapon.

I announced that it was audience participation, Kum Ba Ya style, repeat after me. It was pretty funny to see five grown men chanting away, with one of my companions capturing the moment on video.

Wouldn't you know it, as we uttered the words "We gotta a bite"..... well we got a bite, and down went the rod! It was hilarious, and every one aboard was absolutely dumbfounded by what had just transpired. Would love to post a pic, but that hot king threw the barbless hook on its second or third jump! Good thing we got it all on video or no one would ever believe me.

Da feesh, da feesh!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Elparqui...32/VQ9e1ahj1mc
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone."
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

"It worked" !!! thanks for sharing...going to be listening to it again and again to memorize...haha
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

That was awesome, thanks for sharing.

That's great. It wasn't that instantaneous but we did get a bite a few years back a minute or two after singing the chorus line to Yes's "It can happen"

"It can happen to you;
    It can happen to me;
    It can happen to everyone eventually." ...lol.

great story Doc!

lol... perfect.... when my youngest daughter was 6 i was priveledged to witness something similiar....... we were in the middle of a biteless day on the kenai..... hadn't seen anything caught, and I was just about out of candy (it works great to keep the young uns from mutiny). Mylee starts counting backwards from 60 saying 60..... here fishy fishy...... 59.... here fishy fishy..... I asked here what she was doing....... she said when she gets to zero she will catch one. Her sister and her playmate joined in. Oh Ok sweety.... knock yourself out. Unbelievable...... when she said one.... here fishy fishy..... zero AT THAT INSTANT HER ROD BURIED! After I netted her fish I told her it was best left at that and to never try to duplicate it. Maybe I need to rethink that!

The year before that video was taken, the same guy behind the camcorder was fishing with me. We'd already put two 30+ kings and a mid-teens coho in the box for four rods. On the next pass he was bemoaning that he was the only one without a bite. "Every rod on this boat has gotten bit EXCEPT that one!" As he extended his arm and unrolled his right hand gesturing at his rod in matter-of-fact disgust...... BAM! Rod down!

It couldn't have been timed better!

I never feel too sorry for him. The day before the vid was shot he managed to catch a 40-pound king and a 20-pound silver in my boat on the same trip! Spoiled for life!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone."
    The KeenEye MD

That was a great vid! thanks for posting it...amazing what good spirits and positive energy can bring...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich.Mck View Post
    That was a great vid! thanks for posting it...amazing what good spirits and positive energy can bring...
    Positive energy is a MUST to catch fish. I have known guides that would prefer fisherman usa rod holder especially toward the end of the day when time is running low and the fisherman working too hard to try and catch a fish. The guide says he swears the fish can sense it. Not sure baout that, but a positive attitude PLUS confidence PLUS perseverance in what you are doing is a prerequisite for consistently catching fish.

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    No secret sauce needed on my boat... the secret is in the chant. Happy kids echoing this chant will put fish in the boat... well, most of the time anyway. This is a variation of a popular kid's chant that starts out with the line "Da moose, da moose". Here's the Team eyeFISH Jr League version:

Da feesh, da feesh!..... (Echo) Da feesh, da feesh!
    Where did he go?..... Where did he go?
    We need a bite..... We need a bite
    We need a bite, mahn!..... We need a bite, mahn!

Da feesh, da feesh!..... Da feesh, da feesh!
    DOWN goes the rod!..... DOWN goes the rod!
    We gotta bite!..... We gotta bite!
    We gotta bite, mahn!..... We gotta bite, mahn!

Have a little fun and try it.

_________

Had a group of guys out trolling for estuary salmon 6 years ago. We had a hot morning bite, but by the noon hour, things were starting to slow again. After about an hour of emptiness on a LONG downhill troll, I decided it was time to break out the secret weapon.

I announced that it was audience participation, Kum Ba Ya style, repeat after me. It was pretty funny to see five grown men chanting away, with one of my companions capturing the moment on video.

Wouldn't you know it, as we uttered the words "We gotta a bite"..... well we got a bite, and down went the rod! It was hilarious, and every one aboard was absolutely dumbfounded by what had just transpired. Would love to post a pic, but that hot king threw the barbless hook on its second or third jump! Good thing we got it all on video or no one would ever believe me.

Da feesh, da feesh!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Elparqui...32/VQ9e1ahj1mc
    Somebody asked if I would re-post this since the link above no longer works.

The KeenEye MD