Thread: Is there any way to keep the Griz out of the bait???

Default Is there any way to keep the Griz out of the bait???

This was our first year baiting and we had were successfull in getting a bear. The only problem is that it was the only black bear that came to the bait. We had a family of four griz and at least one lone boar come to the site. Any ideas???

I have come to find out that brown bears like protien, I only use cake and popcorn and baitem 907 products.
    since I have been doing this for the past two years I have had less of a problem with browns comen and staying at my baits. than the previose years.
    I could be wrong but so far its been working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey88 View Post
    This was our first year baiting and we had were successfull in getting a bear. The only problem is that it was the only black bear that came to the bait. We had a family of four griz and at least one lone boar come to the site. Any ideas???
    There is no way that I have found. Try not to bait anywhere near a salmon stream is your best bet. The only thing you can do now is let your bait run dry and fill it up with sweets once you are all out. But seeing as the season is in full swing, you might be just wasting you time and efforts. Sorry to sound like a pessimist. Just been there and done that.