Thread: Work of art

Default Work of art

Saw this on the lake yesterday when Mainer and I were running the JB and testing motors on a couple other canoes. This one stole the show at the boat ramp.
    DSCF1405.jpg DSCF1407.jpg

Dag nabit that is beautiful!!! Did he build it himself??

Beautiful boat. Looks professionally made to my amateur eye. What's mainer's read on it? And, what are the approximate dimensions, i.e. length?

Also, how about a report on the testing of the JB, and other motor/canoe combos that you and mainer_in_alaska did. That's the info many of us are looking for. I imagine the 12 hp Copperhead was in the mix. Thanks.

The owner is a Master Craftsman. The boat is 20'L x 50"W x 21" deep. Eastern white cedar, African mahogany, ash, and oak. The canoe is absolutely flawless.

That is a fine looking kan-oo, and a thing of wonder, but I would be very reluctant to put it to much use for fear of a scratch. I like a craft I don't have to worry about throwing a hind quarter or even chunks of fire wood into. She's like a great looking woman who won't let her hair get mussed up.

Same... I wouldn't want to put that anywhere near a rock. or even where a rock like substance may exist.

WOW!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"