Thread: Ds203 partner needed

Default Ds203 partner needed

I have just found out my partner for my delta walk in sheep hunt has decided not to participate, he wants to try for his own sheep, and doesn't want to do back to back walk ins.

Is there anyone that is doing a solo hunt that has a tag that would like a partner? Just a north pole guy that has tried for this tag for a long time and finally got drawn. This would be my first hunt for sheep, have done research and bought a lot of gear. Have been training and will be ready.

If you would like to contact me about this please let me know

Thanks ,

Jonnyb

Good luck finding a partner for your hunt. A walk-in DCUA tag is quite the ambitious undertaking for an initial sheep hunt. It can be done solo but I would highly recommend a hunting partner as you are doing. It is not especially a walk in the park but the rewards are potentially great. Good luck.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

I would talk to John who works at Frontier Outfitters. He used to run Mountain Sports across from the Bentley Mall. He is an older fellow but he is a gear fanatic par excellance(He ran a special order Sporting Goods/Mountaineering Store) and he was drawn. I don't know his last name but he is mid 50s with a white beard.

JMHO

I would ask him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas

That is a excellent tag you have drawn, one I have had twice in 35 years, though neither led to me taking a ram. The first time we were blown out by a 100 year storm. The second is a long story, part one; http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-time-part-One

Part two;
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...lta+sheep+2008 perhaps it will be of some help to you.

Good luck and good weather to you on your hunt.

A word to the wise. Be very careful when selecting a partner for this kind of hunt. You are better off solo then with a poor partner who is not ready. If you do find someone have them go in on a couple three day scouting trips with you to find out if you are compatible. You do not want to waste this tag. I did this hunt a few years back solo and it was one of my most memorable trips. I live in north pole as well, shoot me a PM with a Phone# if want to talk about the trip.

Brian

I agree with aksere, that you may be better off going solo on this paticular hunt...if ya got the right stuff.
    The area can be scouted all summer by 4-wheeler, and there are really few secrets about the DCUA anymore, if ya ask around with friends and local taxidermists, as well as private conversations with forum members.
    If you are physically able and well conditioned, as well as mentally tough and hungry, you will find sheep in there.
    dennis

but the few secrets are worth their weight in gold