Thread: Black bear baiting around Chickaloon??

Default Black bear baiting around Chickaloon??

Just wondering how the bear baiting around Chickaloon is?

Nobody out there has any info?? Must be a hot spot!

It could be, I guess. I lived in the valley my whole life and never considered going up there for baiting or anything else for that matter. Pointless, anyways. Most of it is all native land and the natives up there have been known to be restless at times . . . They're not afraid to discharge firearms from time to time, though, luckily they ain't accurate. Oh, my brethern.

I have a picture of a bear I got up there a day or two ago... parked the truck initially I thought I stumbled upon some sort of meth lab but realized unregistered bait site that really looked like crap anyhow I stumbled upon a bear.. Me I would not go back out there... Seems kind of run down out thier like Butte..

It is pretty run down. But I doubt that affects the bears much. I only know that lots of the land up there is "private" in one way or another. I'm sure there's bears though. I would be very careful not to tresspass. People that like to live alone are alone for a reason, best not to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    It is pretty run down. But I doubt that affects the bears much. I only know that lots of the land up there is "private" in one way or another. I'm sure there's bears though. I would be very careful not to trespass. People that like to live alone are alone for a reason, best not to find out...
    DITTO.......Plus one....those people are phobic about trespassers on their land. And I agree with their right. (I would never say so in public, but I think there should be a bounty on trespasser).

I've got a pal that baits up that direction. Only pictures from his cam are a couple different browns. In the past, I've eaten blackie meat they've taken from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I have a picture of a bear I got up there a day or two ago... parked the truck initially I thought I stumbled upon some sort of meth lab but realized unregistered bait site that really looked like crap anyhow I stumbled upon a bear.. Me I would not go back out there... Seems kind of run down out thier like Butte..
    Did you hear any banjo music up there??

I had about 20 different blackies on my bait stations up there last year, started hitting on the 16th of May. We took three of them off of two baits in June. This year, nothing as of yet. Well nothing other than moose anyhow.

Yes, most of the land is private and no they don't like trespassers.

Good luck.
    -Caleb-

Quote Originally Posted by kalenderli View Post
    studies are very successful. has done a good job.
    What does this mean?

its a fake poster. I don't know why they do it. weird.
    the mods will delete it.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    its a fake poster. I don't know why they do it. weird.
    the mods will delete it.
    I finally caught on after reading another post saying the same thing. Some people have too much time on their hands!